By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's Wii Is the Best Product Ever

@ http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,2148817,00.asp

"Nintendo's Wii gaming console, not yet one year old, could be the best consumer electronics product—ever. In contrast, the Sony PlayStation 3 is shaping up as one of the industry's biggest flops."

"Rarely have I seen such extremes in product development and delivery. Nintendo, in my estimation, did everything right. Sony, on the other hand, managed to screw up a decent product in every imaginable way."

"This is what Nintendo obviously did with the Wii. Instead of trying to one-up the competition, it took a moment to imagine a console system that would appeal to everyone. "

"Sony, on the other hand, seems to have learned nothing from the popularity of the PlayStation 2. Instead, it created a gaming-console monster that has all the elegance and appeal of a coffee enema. "

"I'm tempted to call the Wii's public reception almost "Apple iPod-like." We all know Apple's success in launching new brands and product lines. I'd put Nintendo up there, too."

Interesting article on comparison's between complete opposite philosophies and a general public opinion on these differences.

Around the Network

It also cured cancer and AIDS.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb and his sarcasm... It hasn't cured them yet, but it is well on its way to doing so. Get it right.

Yeah. He is just posting his opinion.

It is definately just his opinion, but, it seems to be the opinion of the general public as well. Just look at any onlines news outlet and type Wii. tons of positive news. Then type ps3...well you try it. google news, yahoo news, whichever you like same results.

Around the Network
DonWii said:
ckmlb and his sarcasm... It hasn't cured them yet, but it is well on its way to doing so. Get it right.

Actually, the PS3 is literally curing cancer with the folding@home software on the PS3.

ckmlb, he know that hes donwii after all

and I thought that the T.V. or computer was the best consumer electronic of all time.

Seriously...

Best product? Few days ago I was able to meet this awesome machine. Yes, I'm biased etc. but I was thrilled because this all stuff looks even worse than I thought... On lcd tv it looks horrible. Wii sports is a joke. I haven't seen such crap since PSX.  It's an insult for gamers. Yes, I do know about simply look idea but... shit... this isn't a cute apeal... it looks messy. Actually, now I agree it's pandemia... why people buy it? I'm telling you only asset of this machine is price. People buy it because they want to believe it's a next gen. No it's not. It's a joke. 

Horror... ok, now I'm ok.  I didn't spam this forum with my feelings earlier but... this thread is too much.

Andrew said:
ckmlb, he know that hes donwii after all

and I thought that the T.V. or computer was the best consumer electronic of all time.

Seriously...

Surely, the Wii is more important than the television or the PC? We can agree on this point I'm sure.

kber81 said:

Best product? Few days ago I was able to meet this awesome machine. Yes, I'm biased etc. but I was thrilled because this all stuff looks even worse than I thought... On lcd tv it looks horrible. Wii sports is a joke. I haven't seen such crap since PSX. It's an insult for gamers. Yes, I do know about simply look idea but... shit... this isn't a cute apeal... it looks messy. Actually, now I agree it's pandemia... why people buy it? I'm telling you only asset of this machine is price. People buy it because they want to believe it's a next gen. No it's not. It's a joke.

Horror... ok, now I'm ok. I didn't spam this forum with my feelings earlier but... this thread is too much.

I expect backlash to this, but someone claiming the entire library of PS3 games current and future are crap is totally a valid point...