By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Breaking: Massive Exclusive game rumor on Nintendo Wii at E3

Middlesex is a freaky ass book.

Around the Network
Bodhesatva said:
Speaking of Oprah, I'd wondered recently what would happen if the Wii was featured on her show. It's precisely the sort of thing she would endorse: trendy, creative, family friendly, and healthy.

If the Wii is popular in America now, think what would happen then (if you don't know what kind of effect Oprah endorsements can have, check out her book club). If that happens, I would significantly upgrade the odds that the Wii would become the most popular console ever made. Seriously.

You better just hope she doesn't do a show about violent videogames now that Manhunt 2 is in the news.  I can see her now talking about the Wii and that game and using the controller to mimic murdering people, I'm sure it'd get labelled a murder simulator on the show.  It would definately damage the Wii's image especially with the millions of Soccer moms who would be watching that show.

If Oprah brought up Manhunt 2 and how the Wii lets you simulate murder and torture you will get millions of women who were getting their kids Wiis totally change their minds... like sheep... Oprah sheep.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Yeah, with the Manhunt 2 controvercy i don't think Oprah could present the console very positive..wii've got Colbert though. What other talk shows has the Wii being mentioned?

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

VonShigsy said:
Yeah, with the Manhunt 2 controvercy i don't think Oprah could present the console very positive..wii've got Colbert though. What other talk shows has the Wii being mentioned?

On Conan, he played Wii tennis against Serena Williams and won. But he was wearing proper tennis gear, with extremely short shorts (his facial expressions were hilarious). And with Conan's extremely long legs (cause lets face it, when he sits down he doesn't look 6'4) it looked more ridiculous.

As for the Wii though, I think it needs legit 3rd party support, and I'm not talking about PS2 ports with tacked on controls and other companies doing more mini game compilations, but more games that are designed with the Wii in mind. It doesn't look like a lot of the games were designed for the controller either, even DK Bongo Blast was designed for the Bongo Peripheril on the GC. If these problems are sorted then the Wii will win the console war, but no one took advantage of the Eye Toy that way, so it is hard to imagine it happening.