By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Message to My fellow PS3 fans: We have won the battle for 2nd place! (IMO)

It's not trolling, it's not flamebait. Here are the reasons I believe that Sony has already defeated Microsoft in the battle of Xbox 360 Vs. PS3:

Bluray killed HDDVD:

If Microsoft had put the HDDVD drive in the 360, HDDVD would have won the format war. If you think that movie downloads are the wave of the future then Sony wins again with movie downloads available at a cheaper price on PSN starting TONIGHT (7/15/2008)!

Xbox live costs $50 a year:

No big deal eh? If you bought a 360 in 2005, by the time Final Fantasy 13 is released you will have paid between $200-$300 dollars to play online with your friends. Nearly the same amount as a second Xbox 360. XBL is better? Home looks like a lot more fun to me. You have to pay for quality? That brings me to reason #3

RROD:

The Xbox 360 has one of the highest failure rates of any videogame console ever released.

Lack of impact of DLC on GTA 4:

Microsoft paid a whopping 50 million dollars for exclusive DLC for its version of GTA4. But on the GTA 4 release date MORE PS3s were sold then XBOX 360s. Dear god.

Final Fantasy 13:

The Xbox 360 has more JRPGS then PS3 but it doesn't matter in the place where they need them the most: Japan. In Japan the Xbox 360 version of Final Fantasy 13 will never see the light of day. 360 sales will remain stagnant. While the 360 version will chip away at the number of PS3s sold in the west, Final Fantasy 13 will move more PS3s just as GTA 4 did, except on a much larger scale.

E3 08:

Sony shows of some of the sickest third person and first person shooters ever, boosting userbase in the west as FF13 does the job in Japan. MGS4 easily goes toe to toe with Halo 3 (MGS4 is way better in most peoples opinions), Gears of war 2 is basically going up against Killzone 2 resistance 2, Infamous and Mag. It's a problem for 360 as PS3 becomes the western style gaming console of choice while 360 becomes the jrpg console of choice, again, in every place but Japan.

Console deals:

This holiday season you will be able to choose between a $350, 60 gig, dvd using, Xbox 360 ($400 after you pay for only one year of online gaming), or a $400, 80 gig, bluray using, cell powered, battery free, Playstation 3.

These are the reasons that I believe that PS3 will continue to outsell Xbox 360 as it has for the entire year. If you disagree that is fine. I respect your opinion and time will prove me correct or incorrect.

Around the Network

.... do you also think pig can fly?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Sony won 2nd place when they announced the PS3, but only because they lost 1st...

lol, gah some of yiou guy....seek help.

The data about your age is a typo, right? Wait, no?

Around the Network

..???

I believe pigs can fly but their gonna need a set wings first.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Paying for XBOX live after today's PS3 announcements of basically the same functionality coming is foolish.

You'll be able to message from your PC soon, and manage your friends list/see trophies online coupled with the Movie/TV Show rental/buying It's on par. Also, one word: Dedicated Servers!

tombi123 said:
Sony won 2nd place when they announced the PS3, but only because they lost 1st...

Yeah , this is pretty much your answer ;)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

kirby007 said:
.... do you also think pig can fly?

Apperantly they do. FFXIII for the XBOX. ewww

DMeisterJ said:
I agree wholeheartedly.

Paying for XBOX live after today's PS3 announcements of basically the same functionality coming is foolish.

You'll be able to message from your PC soon, and manage your friends list/see trophies online coupled with the Movie/TV Show rental/buying It's on par. Also, one word: Dedicated Servers!

hey man what are the new features gunna be? in-game chat? in-game joining?

Respect for compans: SONY > NINTENDO >>>>>>>>>> MICROSOFT