By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Wii Exclusive- Not a mini-game compilation.

One of the cool things about the Wii extended user base is that not all owners are going to be Nintendo Hardcore Fanatics. If a 3rd party developer puts effort into development and marketing a game can do well because casual gamers and gamers who came from owning PS2 don't care who the developer or publisher is.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network

Too early, but it is a traditional game.

Also what is this Nintendo's god of war business... You don't make such a claim because you set yourself up for a disappointment.

Sounds like the same crap with the Halo-killer bullshit. Nothing is Nintendo's God of War, especially that you barely know anything of this game and how good it will turn out (or how bad).

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

To be quite honest, I don't think this game looks that much fun. Of course I think God of War is way overrated.

DonWii said:
Yeah. Publishers dont want to launch their 360 games near Halo 3 either. As for the PS3, it need anything and everything it can get.
BEST HOLIDAY SEASON EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah of course cause you know nothing is coming out this Holiday on 360 or PS3.... have you even looked at the schedule? There are more games to buy on each console than most can afford to purchase:

360 List:

Eternal Sonata

Lost Odyssey

Virtua Fighter 5

Left 4 Dead

Mass Effect

Naruto: Rise of a Ninja

Beautiful Katamari

Splinter Cell: Conviction

Ace Combat 6

PS3 List:

Heavenly Sword

Warhawk

Eye of Judgment

Folklore

Ratchet and Clank: Future

Time Crisis 4

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

360/PS3 List:

Timeshift

Turok

Jericho

The Club

Golden Axe

Devil May Cry 4

Army of Two

Half Life 2: Orange Box

Assassin's Creed

Unreal Tournament 3

GTA IV

Haze

Mercenaries 2

Street Fighter II HD

Both those lists look better and longer than the Wii list for these holidays.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

I'm not a fan of button mashing or now wrist waggling hack n slashers so this game doesn't do anything for me. Of course I know I'm not the only person playing the Wii so I hope this game turns out well.

Around the Network

Also a bunch of those games are on on PC, ckmlb...but I guess people just ignore PC 'round here...Left 4 Dead is gonna rock! And I guess I can see the game working on 360.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

ckmlb said:
DonWii said:
Yeah. Publishers dont want to launch their 360 games near Halo 3 either. As for the PS3, it need anything and everything it can get.
BEST HOLIDAY SEASON EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah of course cause you know nothing is coming out this Holiday on 360 or PS3.... have you even looked at the schedule? There are more games to buy on each console than most can afford to purchase:

360 List:

Eternal Sonata

Lost Odyssey

Virtua Fighter 5

Left 4 Dead

Mass Effect

Naruto: Rise of a Ninja

Beautiful Katamari

Splinter Cell: Conviction

Ace Combat 6

PS3 List:

Heavenly Sword

Warhawk

Eye of Judgment

Folklore

Ratchet and Clank: Future

Time Crisis 4

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

360/PS3 List:

Timeshift

Turok

Jericho

The Club

Golden Axe

Devil May Cry 4

Army of Two

Half Life 2: Orange Box

Assassin's Creed

Unreal Tournament 3

GTA IV

Haze

Mercenaries 2

Street Fighter II HD

Both those lists look better and longer than the Wii list for these holidays.

I think he was saying that the PS3 list is slim, Ck, not both, and I'd start counting the releases from late fall, not november. I'd include Halo and Bioshock, for example. The problem with the PS3 list is that it's dominated by 1) new IPs and 2) cross platform titles. The only exclusive major title that's part of a proven franchise there is Ratchet and Clank. As you and I have both agreed, the cross-platform titles such as GTA IV heavily favor the 360's lower price point. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Looks very good... Another 60euro spent for me in September...

This is my old account; I made it an "evil" account for fun
Everyone has a dark side...

Ive seen the video and im still sceptical...didn't like the clueless mish mash of stuff going on...I base my interest in a game on gamplay videos...those r real..on the upside the strength of dragon blade lies in that its wii exclusive and aimed at the hardcore...other then that i wanna c more..will keep my eyes on it;)

The game looks good, reminds me of Devil May Cry and God of War, would be nice to see it turn out well but it is indeed in its early stages.

Calling anything Nintendo's God of War is like calling Killzone Sony's Halo, it's just silly. While they may be competing for appeal in the same genre they should just be measured as what they are when they are when released instead of being held to the standard of the competition. Besides if you focus too intently on competing with a specific video game or genre type then you're going to end up with nothing but an overworked genre.

Still waiting for a DMC3 port for the Wii (prays to god)