By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - the Blu-ray thread, will go on untill hddvds death.

twesterm said:
FishyJoe said:
Baby Jesus is crying over this thread.

It's still too early to tell if HD-DVD or Bluray is going to win. And if you don't believe that statement then you must believe the PS3 is going to fail by your logic. Believe whichever one you want, I'm done with this thread.

How is that exactly? That makes no sense. Blu Ray wins the format war and becomes the main new format. If PS3 loses the consoles race, it doesn't mean that Nintendo becomes the only gaming format...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Toshiba cuts Hddvd playera sales estimate by 44% - http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/multimedia/display/20070613073017.html

Yeah I saw that yesterday.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Let me know when Blu-Ray discs start outselling DVDs, cause that's what really matters.

Blu-Ray still has the potential to fail. Not against HD-DVD...it seems clear that with the PS3 on its side, Blu-Ray will beat HD-DVD...it still has the potential to fail when not enough people buy it compared to DVDs.

It's not like that means the PS3 is harmed much...it'd still have Blu-Ray games, and I'm sure Sony will have enough support to release movies in Blu-Ray like it does with UMDs now, or downloadable perhaps.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
Let me know when Blu-Ray discs start outselling DVDs, cause that's what really matters.

Blu-Ray still has the potential to fail. Not against HD-DVD...it seems clear that with the PS3 on its side, Blu-Ray will beat HD-DVD...it still has the potential to fail when not enough people buy it compared to DVDs.

It's not like that means the PS3 is harmed much...it'd still have Blu-Ray games, and I'm sure Sony will have enough support to release movies in Blu-Ray like it does with UMDs now, or downloadable perhaps.

Br already has 3/4% of movie sales, thats with players costing + $500 while in a format war, No one with a brain expects people to replace their dvds.  But who the hell woud choose a dvd over BR ? people will choose what looks better.

Id love to have a Br drive in my pc, 50 gig disks would be damn usefull.  (hoping for a 200 gig BR drive hehe)

Around the Network

I still wonder why people even mention digital downloads when it will take a high Fiberoptic internet connection to even come close to downloading any movie in true 1080p form. downloading 10 - 50 gigs isn't an instant download. Physical discs arent going anywhere EVER!!! retail and companies wont let it happen as they can make more money having both digital DL and a hard disc in the future.

ckmlb said:
twesterm said:
FishyJoe said:
Baby Jesus is crying over this thread.

It's still too early to tell if HD-DVD or Bluray is going to win. And if you don't believe that statement then you must believe the PS3 is going to fail by your logic. Believe whichever one you want, I'm done with this thread.

How is that exactly? That makes no sense. Blu Ray wins the format war and becomes the main new format. If PS3 loses the consoles race, it doesn't mean that Nintendo becomes the only gaming format...

If you believe that HD-DVD is going to fail because it isn't selling as well as the competition, it doesn't get all the big names (more split), it gets bad press, it's expensive, it doesn't have a wide selection of movies, ect. that's fine, but if you do believe that you have to apply the same logic to the PS3.  It isn't selling as well as the competition, it doesn't get all the big names (more split), it gets bad press, it's expensive, it doesn't have a wide selection of games, ect.

If you don't think the PS3 is going to fail because of all those reasons then you can't believe that HD-DVD is going to fail.  If you do believe that HD-DVD is going to fail, you have to think that the PS3 will fail for the same reasons.  As I said, go ahead and make your choice, it doesn't matter too much to me.

Nice toppic, still wondering what is has to do with consoles but hey...

If blue-ray outsells hd-dvd, dvd is lost and forgotten. But if you dare to say the PS3 lost for the very same reasons (and way better reasons) its the start of a long thread with numerous arguments why the PS3 is doing very well.

So now the PS3 has almost died, and Nintendo is actually almost bigger then Sony, you start posting at what Sony did good.
So whats next, the amount of Sony HD camera's sold?

Besides Blue-Ray costs more to consumers because its not patent-pooled like HD-DVD. So actually this is going to cost us money.

And why don't we post UMD sales? Hey UMD had to win from DVD too!

i can understand people getting excited over ps3, 360 and the wii... but disk formats? what's the deal here.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Blue3 said:
BenKenobi88 said:

Br already has 3/4% of movie sales, thats with players costing + $500 while in a format war, No one with a brain expects people to replace their dvds. But who the hell woud choose a dvd over BR ? people will choose what looks better.

Id love to have a Br drive in my pc, 50 gig disks would be damn usefull. (hoping for a 200 gig BR drive hehe)

Who the hell would choose DVD over BR?  Apparently 99.25% of the entire market.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )