By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Traffic = VGC Crawl

Just wanted to say good job, ioi. Yesterday we had on evrage over 2,000 people here and the site ran fine. Right now there are about 1,000 and it feels like 150. Good job thinking ahead and getting us prepped for the sales crossover.

Around the Network

Yes, the site is loading much more quickly than it ever has before. Good stuff.

Am I the only receiving unacceptable loading times which result in Internal Server Errors ...?

no, i get it too, but i'm guessing that this site is still recieving DDOS attacks, even though ioi mentioned them a month ago. I mostly believe this because there will only be like 500-600 people on and the site doesn't respond.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Are we still experiencing DNS woes? For the last hour or so, the website has been crawling like we are promised another trillion years on Earth.

It seems ok at the moment ... *knocks on wood*

Around the Network

Yeah I had the same problem.

Did anyone actually read what ioi wrote?

Are we still being attacked? I've been unable to access about 80% of the time today.

Must be. To me it seems something like this:

a) Attack happens. Main pages get overwritten. Database may get attacked. Result:

"Forbidden, perhaps you need to change the file permissions for this document or upload an index page."

b) Site goes down for extended time.

c) Site returns. All users are gone, or table is wiped (or something that like). That is what causes those "sql_get_row()" errors (happens when you do that on an empty table) - and you get one error everywhere a user is queried.

d) Site gets fixed/restored. Everything back to normal until next attack.

ioi - I'm no *expert*, but I do know a bit about these sites/PHP/security in general. I would love to have temporary FTP access, and at least have a look at the structure of the site (etc..) - I may be able to suggest something, or just outright fix it (and I do have time at the moment).

If you want to talk - you have my email address.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Hm, now I only get 44 users online, 4 members and 40 guests...strange.