By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Site Looks Like crap in Firefox

The fix is actually pretty simple, you are having a problem with your horizontal menu bar at the top of the page. The options that populate the sub-menu as you highlight a given menu choice push the sidebar and as a result the main body over to the right resulting in a very hard to read webpage.

If what I just said makes no sense to you then please fire up a copy of firefox (it is free afterall) and see for yourself by highlighting any of the top menu bar items.

Information:

- I am currently using Firefox v2.0.0.4 with no special plugins or anything fancy.

- IE 6.0.2900.2180 has no problems rendering the site correctly.

- The problem occurs on every page, and has persisted for at least a month now (I figured you would be aware of it or I would of said something by now)

- If needed I can email you a picture of what the error looks like, but you should have no problems reproducing it for yourself.

PS - I truly hope you folks aren't testing this site in only IE....

Edit: Typo 

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

Apparently pressing CTRL + F5 fixes it?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Odd. I'm also using firefox 2.0.0.4 with (a couple plugins that have never given me issues) and it looks just fine to me. I get no push whatsoever.

Have you tried clearing your cache, maybe you are behind a proxy server or something thats feeding you an out of date css file or javascript or something?

It's apparently a Firefox problem...happens on a few sites. ioi probably should find a way to avoid this, but CTRL + F5 should fix it, whatever that does...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I'm using 2.0.04 and it looks ok. A few weeks ago there were problems but they seem fixed now.

Around the Network

I'm using 2.0.06 and it looks amazing.

The only Firefox problem I've ever had on this site was when I was trying to set my avatar in which case I just used IE for that.

i've always had the same problem, i've given up trying to fix it.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Discussed already here:
http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=2818

Fix:

ioi said:
Do a CTRL+F5 on the page - you probably have an old version of the js file stored or something

ioi said:
I use firefox, if anything it is IE that isn't supported as much as it should be. What other Firefox bugs are there? I haven't noticed any hence why I haven't tried to fix any. You have to let me know about these things..

Ironically it bugged and I post it in blanc...           sry...

www.cuidar.com.br