By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Theory: S. E. is using the 360 in order to generate more money for Versus

i doubt it theres a chance versus might go to 360 if sony doesnt do anything about it

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
gebx said:
AnarchyWest said:

this post is for gebx

so im not allowed to say FF13Vs looks better than FF13...let alone i never really played a FF game before exept a little of FF7 2 years ago when i borrowed it for a few days from a friend. I always said FF13VS appeals more to me then 13 because of the trailer in 06 just appealed to me more with a male protagonist than female protagonist to be honest. You make it sound like i changed my mind today because 13 is not exclusive anymore but thats not the case...plus im buying both when they release anyway.

Hey, I'm just calling what I see. I believe you that you say Versus looks better. I just think its funny that these comments are popping up within 12 hours of FFXIII being announced for the 360

Sort of like how mrstickball announced that FF13 might be the first FF he will buy since FF7 just hours after it's announced for the XBox360?

sounds lot like what Sony Defense Force said.

Soriku said:
Kasz216 said:
Soriku said:
Kasz216 said:
Soriku said:
Yeah...they put their largest main series on the 360 so they can fund a spin-off. Quite ironic, eh? And even then I expect Versus to hit the 360.

Theory is likely not true. Oh, and MS and SE had a "partnership" for FF XIII on the 360 so this isn't true...

Well what they said was they had to "adjust" their partnership i believe.

Which likely means no money changed hands... but that they likely had to give up exclusivness of something, or of an unannounced proejct for it.

For example... say FF13 Multiplat status for Square Enix to back out of an exclusivity deal for Star Ocean.

Note how "They weren't sure" if they were going to release Star Ocean for PS3. Perhaps because they were in negotiations at the time to get out of exclusivity for that and maybe other games.

Seems like a more likely strategy to me. They just don't wanna go exclusives with anything anymore .

I'm not so sure. FF is their largest series. I really highly doubt they didn't pay for FF XIII. Star Ocean is big, but not FF big. It's like...their 4th largest series and I'm not sure Star Ocean matters when it comes to FF.

Why not though? I mean Square Enix does nothing but benefit from it going muli-plat. Same for Star Ocean. If there was no deal for FF13, yer one for Star Ocean or another game... it allows SE to basically get a game to go multi plat for "nothing."

Why would they need a partnership though? If it benefits one they don't need a punishment. Besides, they've been saying it was going to be PS3 exclusive since...ever and I doubt they could've changed their minds easy without MS interference. I mean it's a POSSIBILITY, but I'm not so sure I'm buying into it.

They said an adjustment to their partnership not a new partnership.  Something that already existed.  For example... previous 360 exclusives that were paid for going multi-plat. 

thansk god nomura is not that greedy
and versus still a exclusive.

but i think this will happen to kh3 too

or kh3 will be a ps3 exclusive.

they cant leave the ps3 without support... they said they were going to and the xbox360 now got more games from them.

Around the Network

interesting theory but for some reason i am starting to think that sony will not be seeing any square enix exclusives

Why would SE not put Versus on the 360 too? Give me 1 reason.

''Hadouken!''

its a tetsuya nomura directed game... that probaly will a mgs4 ver 2 RPGISH

Versus will go to the 360 too. No sense in releasing XIII on the 360 and then not releasing XIII Versus on the 360. I can't come up with 1 real good reason why SE would want to keep Versus exclusive now. By the way, who the f*** is Versus? The main series of FF is going to the 360 and now all of a sudden people talk about a game like Versus that is a spinoff? Whatever man..

''Hadouken!''

Did I say that it wasn't 'always' a spinoff?

''Hadouken!''