By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Theory: S. E. is using the 360 in order to generate more money for Versus

Theory: S. E. is using the 360 in order to generate more money for FF Versus XIII 

Think about it, we all know that Final Fantasy will sell extremely well on both platforms(might even pick it up on 360 XD), but has anyone noticed how Square Enix has just stopped all development for Versus in order to complete XIII?

To answer that question: Final Fantasy XIII and Versus are VERY expensive games to develop for. This is why they produced it for the 360 as well. Also, It will be released exclusively on PS3 in Japan because that will drive system sells up ENORMOUSLY. I dont believe that they will port this game to the 360 there because of the small userbase. So what Im trying to say is that they could not develop two AAA titles at once because the loss is wayyyy too high. Square Enix is not stabbing sony in the back, they actually want to develop for the PS3, its just that they need the money. Versus is my proof because it is coming exclusively to the PS3, instead of multiplatform.

BTW I think Final Fantasy Versus is better anyway.

Around the Network

That is a good theory you came up with.

Wouldn't it be easier to just make Petz for Wii?

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

I wonder if SE will make Versus for the 360 as well once they see the sales of FF13 as a multiplat?

Kingdom Hearts 3 Bet: If Kingdom Hearts 3 becomes a multiplaform title/is not Wii exclusive then I will be banished from this land for 1 week and sing my praises to those who have proved themselves to be more intelligent than I.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/RDBRaptor/rdbraptor_sig16.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">
My Anime List

Nice rationalization, but you can't spin the truth away.

Around the Network

Well half of that is absolutely correct. SE is certainly using the 360 in order to generate more money.

Verses is PS3 exclusive because Noruma loves SONY...

The reason FFXIII went multiplatform is obviously because FFXIII has been in development since 2005 -- its expensive and SE thought they could get 360 owners to help them make more $$$...

This really is going in my mind lately. If FF versus XIII really REALLY REAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLY exclusive then perhaps this is a possibility.

Here are my assumptions.

During the time we've been hearing FFXIII going 360 and all the other exclusives going PS360 suddenly there popped FF versus XIII. Quite uncalled but still, FFXIII going to 360 was just a RUMOR. I think Sony paid them to make this one theirs.

Well those are only my assumptions

well i do prefer playing a dude and i do find ff 13 versus more interesting than ff13. SO if this were to be true i would be very happy.

I think they wanted money to not go out of buisness.

Hence why the Japan release ISN'T being delayed for the 360 version. They're really short on cash and need money... and can't afford FF13's profits to not be maximized.

They haven't started the 360 version yet... likely because they don't have the resources too, since they are already delaying other games.

So the Japanese version of FF13 will likely pay the bills for the conversion of the 360 game, localization of FF13 in generl and at least part of versus.

Also, i would actually be surprised if Versus stayed exclsuive.  I'm betting it's going multiplat and Square is just waiting for the right time to get enthusasm up... since such an announcement would be wasted for them at such a time.