By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So Which Version Of FFXIII Will You Get

sc94597 said:
PS3, one disc, main development platform., better controller for rpgs(imo).

how do you know the 360 one wont be in one disk

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
brute said:
sc94597 said:
PS3, one disc, main development platform., better controller for rpgs(imo).

how do you know the 360 one wont be in one disk

Almost all 360 Jrpgs are on multiple discs. So I am going to assume this will be the same. Especially with the size of FF games.

Will the multiple disc issue still be an issue? I thought earlier today MS said you could install games fully on the HD and play them directly off of that so no diskswapping. Other than diskswapping during the installs but as many Sony fans have told us suffering through temporary installs is worth it for a better experience while playing.

ps3, the 360 just makes too much noise. it irritates me.

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815

i'll get it 1st on the xb 360, because thats where the rpg's are, period. i will get it on the ps3, because it will be the only good rpg on the system. so anyways i'll get it on both systems because i love the ff series and it will look the same on both versions, why because they are equal in graphics and performance.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network
azrm2k said:
Will the multiple disc issue still be an issue? I thought earlier today MS said you could install games fully on the HD and play them directly off of that so no diskswapping. Other than diskswapping during the installs but as many Sony fans have told us suffering through temporary installs is worth it for a better experience while playing.

Well if the game is 10s of gbs wouldn't that be too much for my 20gb 360 hdd?

When x360 version is coming? =))

* What’s the development process for the game? Hashimoto: “As we announced at the Microsoft presentation, as of today we are ready to start developing the title for Xbox 360. First, we will complete the PS3 in Japan. Then after that we will start localization of ‘FFXIII’ for PS3 for US and Europe. Then at the same time, we will start Xbox 360 the version development. That’s our entire process of development.”
2010? or 2011? =)))

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

As indicated above let us not forget that MS also announced that you can store your complete game on your hardrive. This is big, because, disk swap will not be required (need only disk 1 for purchase key). This will cause less noise from the DVD player, and less power output, less heat, better framerate (PS3 download advantage) ect.

We can not bash Sony for installs, considering you will now be able to install the (ENTIRE) game on the X360, (though optional). How long will that take...sheesh. But I am intrigued at the though of storing the entire LO, or FFXIII on my hardive (Once) and be able to enjoy the benefits listed above. The whole blu-ray stores more on one disk argument could be null, if you can have the entire game installed on the HD with no disks needed (same thing kinda). Of course this all depends on the size of the game on the HD. Just a thought, please discuss and dont destroy me!!

SE will surly get his ass kicked because i don't think there is any JRPG fan base for 360. So many crap load of JRPG have bombed on 360 and FFXIII is PS3 exclusive in Japan.

PS3. No way am I installing what is probably close to 50 GB of game onto my 360 HDD, and I don't like disc switching, or last-minute ports, for that matter.