By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FF13 - 360 version not in japan + 360 version not even started yet?????????

2:02 first they will finish ffxiii in japan. and then they will start localization for english.

2:03 at that point, they will start the xbox 360 development.

quotes taken from square interview http://kotaku.com/5025033/liveblogging-square-enix-press-conference

so from the above do you belive they will only release na+eu ff13 multiplat once 360 version is finished?

1:56 Question: How will the Xbox 360 and the PS3 versions be different?

1:57 Says Kitase: We planned on having the contents the same, but obviously the Blu-ray and the DVD will be different.

i predict because the ps3 version is the lead platform or even lead-finished-product platform, plus it will ship on a single bluray this will propel ps3 in japan.

so it possibly sounds as if, ff13 will be finished and released in japan. way way before the game is released in the west. i think the ps3 version will be the superior version simply because of the 1 bluray with nothing on the disk gimped. and i also predict 360 version to have 6 dvd`s, and at that time when it is finally released ps3 install base will be well ahead of 360 install base.

waiting for sony conference tomorrow.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

Too many threads now.

I don't even want to argue since it is completely pointless.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
Too many threads now.

I don't even want to argue since it is completely pointless.

Same here...this should be fun to see how the fourm is after I come back from the movies tonight...

Former something....

I agree with Skeeuk

whatever .. afterall its will come to 360.

Around the Network

ugh if they havnt even started development on the 360 version, and they want to release them simultaneously, this game is coming out in 2010.

DogWeed said:
ugh if they havnt even started development on the 360 version, and they want to release them simultaneously, this game is coming out in 2010.

yes i belive 2010 now also.

but in the meantime sony still have this blockbuster in japan

and by the time ff13 finally arrives ps3 will be ahead of 360 in the west anyways, i cannot find any reason to buy the 360 version over the ps3 version.

i hope and i really do hope that an english language version hits the shelfs il certainly be importing that!

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I fear Japan could get the game next year, but it will not leave for a year afterwards, and there will be a further delay for Europe as they add more languages. Luckily I will be able to import my PS3 version!

Munkeh111 said:
I fear Japan could get the game next year, but it will not leave for a year afterwards, and there will be a further delay for Europe as they add more languages. Luckily I will be able to import my PS3 version!

FF12 took a year to come over here after the japan release, if it's being made for PS3/360 release then I'd expect a bigger delay. Bad for us.

I just hope SE get their arse in gear and don't wait for a duel release else, we'll have to wait far to long for even my liking.

Hmm, pie.

Kotaku said same day release for US and Europe. Square generally takes forever to localize games, so they should have more than enough time to port since essentially all they need to do is get the engine running and bug test.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away"