By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FF13 - 360 version not in japan + 360 version not even started yet?????????

kowenicki said:
Wishful thinking really. SE arent going to allow an english version of the jap release hit the shelves anywhere prior to an official release coinciding with the 360 release.

4 dvds max (which as we know can be installed on a hard drive now with 360 and so could actually mean a smoother gaming experience for 360 owners over PS3 oddly)

Maybe PS3 fans should just stop killing themselves over this and get on with it.. its not as if they lost the game...

1. The PS3 game will probably have an install, 2, do you really have room for all of that? and I though people did not like installs?

Anyway, how long would it take to port the game, given that it is being developed on a cross platform engine?

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
@ munkeh

What i dont like is installs for no apparent reason.

I am talking about installing an entire game to the HDD for smoothness and almost a complete lack of any kind of lengthy load times. And as a side issue it will make the 360 run much quieter than it can currently.

Many games have shorter load times as a result, and it is useful as the BD has a slower read speed. However, how are you going to fit a game which will probably take up about 3 -4 DVDs? (how many is IU on? it has just been announced)

too many threads... too much overreaction... must leave it alone...

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

I fear we may not see the game until 2010-2011 on these shores.

A 2009 release in Japan is confirmed, but then we have to make the 360 game, make sure that the stuff works on there, then localize. 2011 could be a reality.

White Engine is PS3/360 compatible.. (as well as the PC??)

Porting over the game wouldn't take as long, and since its easier to port from the PS3 to the 360, I wouldn't expect it to take long. On top of that I would expect MS to send a few people over to help SE as they have with other games such as Gears of War

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

ps3 version will sell more than 360 version and come on a single disk. and move more hardware also especially in japan.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
ps3 version will sell more than 360 version and come on a single disk. and move more hardware also especially in japan.

Because is exclusive in Japan, duh...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Skeeuk said:

You're probably right... but will SE care when the money they make on the 360 port covers all their development cost for both versions??

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

1. Oh go S-E a multiplatform version of a FinalFantasy releasing at the same time... i believe that is a first for them.
2. By the time FFXIII is released it wont make any difference because the PS3 will be close or past the X360 in sales and just remind me... how badly have JRPG's done on the X360?..... So how much do people reckon Microsoft paid for this? $50mil.....
3. They are obviously going to go crazy with the graphics, cutscenes and the content so it will easily take 3 DVD's and possibly even 4 on the X360 which is always a pain cause it is difficult to visit past areas again which is the whole point of an RPG.
4. Not starting X360 development until PS3 version is finished... PS3 is exclusive in JPN, meaning surge of sales. It took a year to get FFXII ready for the West and that was on one platform.... and i think they are probably at least 50% complete by now... meaning roughly a February 9th 2011 release date... oh yay.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)