By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Realistically, is there any announcement Sony could make to make up for FF?

Main:

*Kaz Hirai welcomes Nomura to the stage. Then, at the screen the scene of Sephiroth going through the flames appears, PlayStation3 logo is displayed, goes black. *

*Then, Cory Barlog goes to the stage, and the scene where Kratos was going up mount olympus, continues a little bit. Gameplay is shown.*

Secondary:

- Brand new Ip
- Team ICO project
- Price Cut
- Versus XIII footage
-Other already announced games seeing early releases.

Unreal:

- Kaz walks up the stage, invites the new Square president, shows some pictures of Yoichi Wada crucified, and a new trailer of XIII is shown, then at the end two logos appear: PS3 and then XBOX360, which appears with a huge red cross.

-He invites Cliffy B at the end of the conference and gears of war II is shown running on the Ps3

-Ps3 for free

-Next legend of Zelda, being developed exclusively for Play Station 3 Computer Entertainment System.

Around the Network
ffirebrand_cloud said:
Main:

*Kaz Hirai welcomes Nomura to the stage. Then, at the screen the scene of Sephiroth going through the flames appears, PlayStation3 logo is displayed, goes black. *

*Then, Cory Barlog goes to the stage, and the scene where Kratos was going up mount olympus, continues a little bit. Gameplay is shown.*

Secondary:

- Brand new Ip
- Team ICO project
- Price Cut
- Versus XIII footage
-Other already announced games seeing early releases.

Unreal:

- Kaz walks up the stage, invites the new Square president, shows some pictures of Yoichi Wada crucified, and a new trailer of XIII is shown, then at the end two logos appear: PS3 and then XBOX360, which appears with a huge red cross.

-He invites Cliffy B at the end of the conference and gears of war II is shown running on the Ps3

-Ps3 for free

-Next legend of Zelda, being developed exclusively for Play Station 3 Computer Entertainment System.

I say.. CRUCIFY HIM!!

Right, firstly, FFXIII coming out on the 360 is a huge annoucement, but we need to be realistic here.  It's not as if it was announced that FFXIII was now coming out ONLY on the 360, or that it was a timed exclusive for the 360 first and foremost.

Secondly, this game is easily 12 months away anyway.  And going by reports, the Japan PS3 exclusive version will be out first, before any localisation is done for the Western Audience and then the 360 version will be started.

But saying all this....this has created a bit of a panic with Sony gamers.  It's just came out of nowhere and has rocked the foundations Playstation has with SE.  Although we could have seen it happening with Last Remnant, Unfinite Discovery and Star Ocean going to the 360 first and foremost.

Also, don't expect KH3 to be a PS3 exclusive either....it seems that SE has forgotten about the PS brand for a bit.

Sony will have to counter this explosion with something really big.  Who knows what though.  There's no way they'll get Gears 2.

I think they will need to just bombard the audience with footage from all their upcoming games and throw in a few new titles like TRICO and Uncharted 2/Jax 4.

One thing that is for sure, is that Sony will now need to tie up exclusivity by paying for it themselves, otherwise it will be lost.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

In terms of a single announcement, MS might have this in the bag. But overall, they're already in last because the FFXIII announcement was pretty much the only thing even AT the MS conference that was good. Taking into account what we already know Sony has ready, Sony has at least second @ E3 sealed.

There are just so many games announced for the PS3 to make Sony's press conference more well rounded instead of one thing that overshadows the rest.

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

Sony are going to have rush GT5 out like.....early next year.
God of war 3
That Bungie game
FF7 remake
Uncharted 2
Resistance 3 (just make everyone forget about FF)
GTA5 would be ridiculous if exclusive....but wont happen

Sony are in trouble

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

Well, about SE

1 FFVII remake

2 FXIII exclusive DLC or feature

3 FXIII versus still exclusive

4 SO4 coming to PS3 too

this is only possibility but I doubt about them (except the 2 last)

Time to Work !

I think the whole FF thing has totally been blown out of proportion. It's not a big a deal as it sounds (maybe due to me not being a FF fan). Sony stopped counting on Exclusives when they made their statement about 3rd party sometime ago and they chose not to keep FF an exclusive.

It is sad though how everything else (GoW2, Fable etc) seems to play a small part now and how FF has started to mean everything to 360 fans to win a console war or a E3 conference. These conferences are meant to show off what the 1st party can do with their consoles and 3rd parties should come in second.

Having a Japan exclusive will still cause a spike in PS3 sales as well as a spike overseas. I doubt people will buy a 360 just for FF. The many people who have been waiting for FF are previous gen PS2 owners who also would be looking forward to other PS3 games. Either way, Sony will profit as long as the game sells well by an increase of share prices at SE.

So what will it take for Sony to make up for it?

1) Confidence- say they knew about it and therefore have lined up several 1st party and some 3rd exclusives.
2) Announce some new eye toy games
3) Give a release date for home
4) God of War 3 in game video
5) New jak and daxter game
6) New Genji game
7) New Ridge Racer
8) Tekken 5
9) Killzone 2
10) Resistance 2
11) The Marvel or DC mmo they have been working on
12) The SOE MMO they have been working on
13) A new team Ico game
14) A SoTC HD enhanced game
15) Next gen Wipeout
16) GT5
17) SOCOM
18) Exclusive SSX Tricky game
19) Twisted Metal game
20) Yakuza 3

They have a variety of options and they won't have to rely on snagging another console exclusive. As I said, it's no big deal, with Ff is just something for Sony fan boys to cry over and 360 fan boys to gloat over.

On the same scale would be Halo 4 or Gears 2 coming also on PS3.

But I think if they announce God of War 3 to be out in 2009 (looks like 2010 though), FF7 remake (SE is already sweating like mad for FF13, very very slim chance of this), Kingdom Hearts 3 exclusive to PS3 (looking like it will be on at least one other platform), ICO/SoC 2 in 2009, PSP2 (competitor to iPhone) then they will have a pretty good show as well.

So it doesnt look good but anythings possible.

Fei-Hung said:
I think the whole FF thing has totally been blown out of proportion. It's not a big a deal as it sounds (maybe due to me not being a FF fan). Since the internet broke down yesterday I think you are wrong here.
Sony stopped counting on Exclusives when they made their statement about 3rd party sometime ago and they chose not to keep FF an exclusive.

It is sad though how everything else (GoW2, Fable etc) seems to play a small part now and how FF has started to mean everything to 360 fans to win a console war or a E3 conference. These conferences are meant to show off what the 1st party can do with their consoles and 3rd parties should come in second.
Sure, what utter nonsense. They have to sell their console, whether they do that with 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th parties doesn't matter at all. MS stole the show, that's what counts.

Having a Japan exclusive will still cause a spike in PS3 sales as well as a spike overseas. I doubt people will buy a 360 just for FF.
No they won't, they'll buy it for FF and the sh*tload of other RPG's that are coming to 360, of which several are exclusive.

The many people who have been waiting for FF are previous gen PS2 owners who also would be looking forward to other PS3 games. Either way, Sony will profit as long as the game sells well by an increase of share prices at SE.
I think you missed the part where most PS2 games are already on 360. GTA: check, Resident Evil: check, Devil May Cry: check, Star Ocean: check etc. By the way platform loyalty only counts for a very small subset of the customer. The majority of PS2 owners has stepped to Wii.

So what will it take for Sony to make up for it?

1) Confidence- say they knew about it and therefore have lined up several 1st party and some 3rd exclusives.
Actually they apperantly didn't know it forehand. Ouch.
2) Announce some new eye toy games
3) Give a release date for home
4) God of War 3 in game video
5) New jak and daxter game
6) New Genji game
7) New Ridge Racer
8) Tekken 5
9) Killzone 2
10) Resistance 2
11) The Marvel or DC mmo they have been working on
12) The SOE MMO they have been working on
13) A new team Ico game
14) A SoTC HD enhanced game
15) Next gen Wipeout
16) GT5
17) SOCOM
18) Exclusive SSX Tricky game
19) Twisted Metal game
20) Yakuza 3

This whole list won't even create a fraction of the nuclear explosion that went through the gaming community yesterday. Especially since there's not a single real surprise in your list. You can downplay it all you want, we haven't seen something like this since the Wiimote was announced.

They have a variety of options and they won't have to rely on snagging another console exclusive. As I said, it's no big deal, with Ff is just something for Sony fan boys to cry over and 360 fan boys to gloat over.

You can believe me and the rest of the world that Final Fantasy is a very big deal.

JGarret said:

In order to make up for the loss of FFXIII as an exclusive title (it was their biggest 3rd party exclusive at all), is there anything Sony can announce tomorrow?

Diablo 3 for PS3?

FFVII remake?

What say you?

i honestly think sony will renegotiate this with square, as this is a decent blow to the ps3....but realistically, i dont care

gt5, littlebigplanet and mgs4 are all ps3 exclusive and those are pretty mcuh the only games i want this year