By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Realistically, is there any announcement Sony could make to make up for FF?

The annoucement that Sony needs to make is that they are buying out Sega and have initiated a new Shenmue game for the PS3.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Around the Network

Realistically NO...

But fastasically (in a fantasy land) they can counter it with two options.

Option 1: They announce that they will be launching a new Operating system tomorrow with all the features of Windows XP an Vista with full support of all the windows application and for just $10 per unit... Every program will run on it 10 - 500% faster and OS will have very less resource requirement...

Option 2: They say that by not buying the exclusivity rights of the FFXIII they have saved enough funds to give $50 refund to everyone who buys FFXIII for PS3. so effectively one needs to pay only $10 for FFXIII on PS3 and $60 for XBOX version...

Let's believe in ssj12...

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=0&id=33353

domriver said:
jajaj @ peoples comments. Microsoft WILL NEVER get ahold of Nintendo's franchises. Zelda on 360? jajajja To the comment of Sony buying SEGA please no. I think Nintendo can better handle SEGA more specifically Sonic.

Banjo and Kazooie says hi. 

If anything this has taught people, stop saying it will never going to happen.  You don't know what the next day will bring...

I'm just saying...

Realistically, it will have to be something entirely new that blows us away and gives Sony fans to rejoice. GTA V exclusivity isn't going to do it. First, it sold extremely well on the 360. It will be back unless Sony moneyhats exclusivity. Remakes of older games won't do it, either. It has to be something new with a major ZING! to it.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network
BengaBenga said:

Fei-Hung said:
I think the whole FF thing has totally been blown out of proportion. It's not a big a deal as it sounds (maybe due to me not being a FF fan). Since the internet broke down yesterday I think you are wrong here.
Sony stopped counting on Exclusives when they made their statement about 3rd party sometime ago and they chose not to keep FF an exclusive.

It is sad though how everything else (GoW2, Fable etc) seems to play a small part now and how FF has started to mean everything to 360 fans to win a console war or a E3 conference. These conferences are meant to show off what the 1st party can do with their consoles and 3rd parties should come in second.
Sure, what utter nonsense. They have to sell their console, whether they do that with 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th parties doesn't matter at all. MS stole the show, that's what counts.

Having a Japan exclusive will still cause a spike in PS3 sales as well as a spike overseas. I doubt people will buy a 360 just for FF.
No they won't, they'll buy it for FF and the sh*tload of other RPG's that are coming to 360, of which several are exclusive.

The many people who have been waiting for FF are previous gen PS2 owners who also would be looking forward to other PS3 games. Either way, Sony will profit as long as the game sells well by an increase of share prices at SE.
I think you missed the part where most PS2 games are already on 360. GTA: check, Resident Evil: check, Devil May Cry: check, Star Ocean: check etc. By the way platform loyalty only counts for a very small subset of the customer. The majority of PS2 owners has stepped to Wii.

So what will it take for Sony to make up for it?

1) Confidence- say they knew about it and therefore have lined up several 1st party and some 3rd exclusives.
Actually they apperantly didn't know it forehand. Ouch.
2) Announce some new eye toy games
3) Give a release date for home
4) God of War 3 in game video
5) New jak and daxter game
6) New Genji game
7) New Ridge Racer
8) Tekken 5
9) Killzone 2
10) Resistance 2
11) The Marvel or DC mmo they have been working on
12) The SOE MMO they have been working on
13) A new team Ico game
14) A SoTC HD enhanced game
15) Next gen Wipeout
16) GT5
17) SOCOM
18) Exclusive SSX Tricky game
19) Twisted Metal game
20) Yakuza 3

This whole list won't even create a fraction of the nuclear explosion that went through the gaming community yesterday. Especially since there's not a single real surprise in your list. You can downplay it all you want, we haven't seen something like this since the Wiimote was announced.

They have a variety of options and they won't have to rely on snagging another console exclusive. As I said, it's no big deal, with Ff is just something for Sony fan boys to cry over and 360 fan boys to gloat over.

You can believe me and the rest of the world that Final Fantasy is a very big deal.

as i said, its not a big deal until you make it one. Instigating is one way of doing it and so is bullying. fair enough, I will give an example to make it more understandable.

Imagine a playground full of kids. One kid happens to have bad eyesight and has to wear glasses. It's no big deal until other kids start mocking him for it. That's when it becomes a big deal.

Sony did know about it, it's company ethics after all. Sony being a shareholder as well having been promised exclusivity must be warned or told before hand if SE decide to go multi platform. It's just commonsense. I won't even bother arguing this point.

It's not about downplaying anything at all. It's a big deal if you are a MS fanboy or a Sony fanboy. These are the only people who who seem to care since they clearly have nothing better to do but to mock each other and gloat about these things. 

People speak as if FF will take MS to a whole new level of success to rival the Wii or create stupendous rise in sales to put the PS3 into a grave for all eternity. It's not as if Sony is losing out much. All they have to do now is share the title in english speaking countries and take a little slack from MS and Wii fanboys who are laughing at Sony for losing FF.

A lot of people also claim that a lot of Wii owners are actually PS3 owners. No one has ever bothered considering another fact which is a lot of Wii owners being housewives, single women and people who actually bought it since they were not into gaming but now have been offered something that is for easy to get into and actually an excuse not to go to the gym but to sit at home and wave a controller around. A huge chunk of Wii sales comes from this new audience that has been introduced to a new style of enjoying video games. 

However, going back to the FF with MS and SONY. It is hard to say what will happen with the release of this game until we see how and when with what packages, bundles and platform extra's it is released. As I mentioned earlier on another post if not this one, this may come back to bite MS in the backside if the 360 is made to look weak as so far the game has been designed with the PS3 in mind. If the claims made by several Sony fanboys is true that the cell can do better and FF was one of these games that was going to show it off (considering the PS3 itself can handle it), the 360 comparison may look weak and give SONY the last laugh. SONY are not as stupid as they look. Even the SE dude who was later interviewed laughed a few things off when asked about how many disks the game will be released on and what the platform differences will be. 

Today this is big news for the fanboys but tomorrow may hold a whole different story. Let the fanboys have their laugh and lets hope they are not made to cry later on.

gta 5 exclusive
a $100 price cut
a really good god of war 3 video
home released very soon
a really good video or announcement of a really good exclusive that noone has ever heard of!
i doubt that Sony wont have anything to combat the loss of the ff exclusivity. they better have something or ill be mad!!! >:o

RPGJock said:
domriver said:
jajaj @ peoples comments. Microsoft WILL NEVER get ahold of Nintendo's franchises. Zelda on 360? jajajja To the comment of Sony buying SEGA please no. I think Nintendo can better handle SEGA more specifically Sonic.

Banjo and Kazooie says hi.

If anything this has taught people, stop saying it will never going to happen. You don't know what the next day will bring...

Reality says hi Banjo was a Rare game.

sooo guys what did you think about sony e3? ff13 xsucks360 whas good... but M.A.G whas more like HOLYYY SHIT 256PLAYERS ONLINE 0_o

It's funny to read all the over the top stuff here... then to look at threads as people say MAG alone made up for it. (basically.)