By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 1:1 wiimote addon -FROM NINTENDO- coming e3 preview

about 6 and a half hours to go

Switch Friend Code - 3664 - 9964 - 9777

Smash Ultimate Alias - Happy Lion

Mains: Donkey Kong, King K. Rool, Diddy Kong

Around the Network

hell yes, they should have told Lucasarts earlier so that they could have made their upcoming stars wars light saber dueling game compatible to this

Improvements are caused by people who complain

just a thought but didn't ubisoft say they had secret inside info about the future of the wii and it's controller devices? if so are you thinking what i'm thinking....... red steel 2! Although the 1st rs was ok it was very visually thin and the controls were a bit meh so hopefully rs2 will addresss those issues????

nintendo and sega fan since i was old enough to hold a game controller.

note: my games collection on my profile is only 20ish% complete, i've got a boatload of 360,saturn and dreamcast games to add and a few ps3 games, thanks :)

This device obviously contains 1 or 2 mems gyros - which is the one thing the wiimote lacked preventing it from true sixaxis sensing (except when the sensor bar is in sight).

It should be an improvement in sensing though the stupid developers will probably never figure out how to use it - they have enough trouble with the accelerometers.

FYI the PS3 sixaxis contains one gyro also but no game has ever even used it ! - i think there are many sixaxis with defective gyros and sony dont want anyone to know as they will need to replace the defective units which will increas their losses. Which may be why no games for the PS3 have ever used the yaw mems gyro (sony wont approve them).

With this attachment the Wiimote does everyting the sixaxis can do and more - nintendo were pretty smart to include an interconnect port on the WII-mote.
Still plenty of room to improve i.e. microphone , speaker (which wiimote also has ), camera (i.e. in game webcam etc) , better accellerometers and gyros, better vibration- force feedback etc.

PS3 number 1 fan

Fairly certain I predicted something similar to this would happen in this thread.

BrainBoxLtd said: 

Ask yourself, why did Nintendo create the balance board, when their already established Wii remote is doing so well in sucking in the expanded audience? Because the remote wasn't enough. Look at the Japanese hardware numbers, the board isn't enough either. Before this generation comes to a close you'll probably see at least one new significant add-on for the Wii with another Nintendo game spear-heading to further their market expansion.

I doubt it will end with this either and this is more building on what they've already established.

Nintendo knows they can't just coax on their name and current success. They're going to continue trying to disrupt even their own ideas to further expand their audience, maintain interest from their current customers, and to keep the competition one step behind.

I'm certain this MotionPlus add-on will be packed with a game, as they obviously wouldn't announce it unless they had something to demonstrate it with. My guess is WiiMusic. It's something that's largely been un-talked about for quite some time, music is something everyone can relate to unlike a specfic title like Zelda, and it could be a good way to demo to customers how this add-on can improve their experience. I wouldn't be surprised if they got this thing out by the holiday season as it's small addition to remote, where as the balance board was an entirely new device all together.

Exactly how and how well this things works, I guess we'll see later today.