By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 1:1 wiimote addon -FROM NINTENDO- coming e3 preview

BenKenobi88 said:

This does set the Wiimote apart from the nunchuck though...now only one of your hands will have very accurate motion controls...the nunchuck was already the less accurate device.

How do you make a boxing game with only one accurate hand?

Well, there are 4 Wii remotes, so you could use 2, 1 in each hand. That would limit multiplayer though

Around the Network

please be for Red Steel 2.

Zelda would definitely be the perfect showcase for this peripheral. I'm excited, but it better not cost an arm and a leg. The Wii controllers are already so expensive. Now it sounds like if you want a true fully functional Wii controller you gotta get a remote $40, nunchuck $20, and this add on (>$10). That all adds up to $70 or more!!!

Edit: And doesn't it feel like peripherals are Nintendo's version of MS and Sony's microtransactions?

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Can't wait till tomorrow to see how this works

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

18 hours to go until we get to see this thing in action

Switch Friend Code - 3664 - 9964 - 9777

Smash Ultimate Alias - Happy Lion

Mains: Donkey Kong, King K. Rool, Diddy Kong

Around the Network

Looks like Nintendo didn't manage to own Microsoft's conference with this announcement.

Shameless said:
Looks like Nintendo didn't manage to own Microsoft's conference with this announcement.

they will if they announce a new zelda =D.

Switch Friend Code - 3664 - 9964 - 9777

Smash Ultimate Alias - Happy Lion

Mains: Donkey Kong, King K. Rool, Diddy Kong

A new Punch-Out!! or 1080 Snowboarding would do it for me. And USB hard drive support would be the icing on the cake.

Shameless said:

A lot of Nintendo's announcements that have come out early, and begged the question "WTF?" have been clarified at the actual press conference with excellent results. The announcement didn't outshine Microsoft's conference, but the clarification might.

Grampy said:
I've never stood outside waiting for the store to open for a game but this I'll stand in line for. This changes everything, motion control squared.

As far as complaining about it not being in the original Wiimote... Hey, don't you reckon that Ninetendo has spent some of that gazillion dollars profit on R&D? This is undoubtedly a technology that didn't exist back when the Wii started out.

Besides, it doesn't seem like it will be required to play a game, it will just improve the game experience and you will have the choice to opt in or out. Like getting a new HD TV, the shows are the same old crap, only sharper. You have to decide if you want to pay for the difference or not.

I wouldn't assume that to be true. It's just as likely that this tech came out of the original wiimote R&D, but was cut from the final product to keep costs low. Now they can release it as an add-on, and the customers who want to pay X dollars for the extra sensitivity can do so while the price of a normal wiimote stays cheap (relatively speaking) for everybody else.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.