By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sony CEO: I've played the Wii..an expensive niche device

Also the wii targets far more groups than the ps3, making it far less niche.

Around the Network

Looks like they refuse to accept that the wii has the PS3 beat. They'll say or do anything to make the PS3 seem better, even if it isn't true.

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison

Str8knox said:
wii sure is kicking the ps3's ass for a so called "niche" system. Arrogance at its max.

I hope Nintendo doesn't turn this arrogant.

They used to be just about that arrogant when the old president of nintendo was still in charge, but were humbled by the N64 and gamecube's relative failures....I think they've learned their lesson from it though.

Did he say you couldn't access the web from the Wii. Idiot.

spdk1 said:
Str8knox said:
wii sure is kicking the ps3's ass for a so called "niche" system. Arrogance at its max.

I hope Nintendo doesn't turn this arrogant.

They used to be just about that arrogant when the old president of nintendo was still in charge, but were humbled by the N64 and gamecube's relative failures....I think they've learned their lesson from it though.

I hope so. I use to hate nintendo for being so arrogant. Now they seem quite modest, and don't even boast about sales too much, rather than expanding the gaming audience.

Around the Network

He's clearly trying to position the PS3 as a multimedia hub that can play games, but can do other things at once. The idea being that games, by themselves, are niche; games, movies, and music are not.

Not saying that's fair (it isn't, obviously) but he's talking a specific position here. It is funny, however, that he implied that gaming as a whole is "niche," since pure gaming-only devices are, apparently, niche.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

i dont know how he could say the ps3 sell well

So since Sony is not looking at themselves as a competitor, this must mean that they are number one. Right? Also notice that his selling point is that the PS3 is a Blue Ray player. That wouldn't make IT a niche device. Now would it?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

If he said 'it is expensive for what you get' then I possible could go with his words but this just rubbisch...

ps3 is a good blu-ray player and nothing else lol