By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is this Motus deal?

Onyxmeth said:
Viper1 said:
Onyxmeth said:

Is that really it? Whatever it is, it seems to function as well as the Wiimote. Do you have any pics of the controller itself? I like the snapping together and apart ability it has.

Did you notice how much input lag there is?

To be honest, no. Youtube videos tend to play a bit choppy on my computer so I'll take your word for it. I was also a bit mesmerized by the connecting and disconnecting of the controller. That's a nifty idea.

Nasty lag.  He'd swing the remote, bring it back to a rest position in front of him and then an action on screen would take place.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

Ive rewatched that vid a few times. Im not interested in its marketability at all, but cheers for searching those details down. Maybe it is just a kid workin out of his basement, or was. All i know is my wiimote skills are supreme, Now, if any of you sons of bitches got anything else to say (like for eg. another copied wiimote design) , now's the fucking time!

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

THere is no ir system like the wii mote so no pointing. That is just stupid; taking 1 think out of the ir out wiimote and redesigning it wont give a wii like experience. Plus if they forgot rumble and a speaker in better quality, they will be be more stupid than Sony making the Sixaxis (which nobody really use since its an option

excellentbeing said:
THere is no ir system like the wii mote so no pointing. That is just stupid; taking 1 think out of the ir out wiimote and redesigning it wont give a wii like experience. Plus if they forgot rumble and a speaker in better quality, they will be be more stupid than Sony making the Sixaxis (which nobody really use since its an option

One of the reasons why I think fake is they say they are pointing in one of the videos (I don't know if it's one of the ones here, but I saw it earlier). (Edit: it's the first part of the first video, with tiger.)

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Hahahahaha those vids made me lmao so hard. :p They better be fake, if that's what MS has been cooking up these last few months then that's truly and utterly pathetic. XD
What was shown can be done with a Wiimote, and far better too. :p

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
steven787 said:
excellentbeing said:

One of the reasons why I think fake is they say they are pointing in one of the videos (I don't know if it's one of the ones here, but I saw it earlier). (Edit: it's the first part of the first video, with tiger.)

THere is no pionter on the screen when he pointed. Its a gesture that when you point at the screen then tilt it, u turn

The only this this has over the wii mote is more buttons and gestures. thats it.
The contoller together will make little kids cry. It looks uncomfortable.

excellentbeing said:
The only this this has over the wii mote is more buttons and gestures. thats it.
The contoller together will make little kids cry. It looks uncomfortable.

More buttons, where are they hiding them?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

The lag reminds me of the madden 08 online lag of doing something

Unfortunately, their claims violate some major laws of physics. I'll be interested to see how this thing determines its position in space without a point of reference.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.