By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is this Motus deal?

I hope thats fake, I mean that is just godawful lag.

Also do they have it set up so you can daisy chain the controllers or is each "single" controller a combination of the 2 halves? Its kind of ambiguous since he just disconnected it in the second video and handed it off to a friend. It just seems odd that the controller would suddenly know that the bottom half was supposed to control a different character without any input other than disconnecting it.

I'm not even sure what positives there are to take away from this to be completely honest. If this gets released as is, I think it has the potential to do more harm than good. I really hope its either fake or an older demo....it looks just real enough to have me unsure, but I'm leaning towards fake.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

Everyone saw that coming!!

I WON STAR FOX 64 FROM THE 1st VGC VC GIVEAWAY!

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=0&id=31799

THANKS TO SUPER_ETECOON FOR EVERYTHING!

Mario Strikers Charged FC: 0774 5494 7156   Nick: IkeVasel

Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC: 3695 0970 8652   Nick: Vasel

Mario Kart Wii FC: 0430 8821 1448   Nick: IkeVasel

Please send me a private message after you add me!!

Also looked like you'd have just a button or two at your disposal once you take it apart.

In the example shown, he used his right thumb on a d-pad to move and his right index finger to hit possible 2 buttons underneath the controller. And they say the Wii-mote is limiting.

Also, no publicity still shots of the unit yet we get actual gameplay footage?
No tech specs of the unit yet we get actual gameplay footage?
No system compatibility details yet we get gameplay footage?

Another thing, how is it that the unit when combined is for one player but break it in two and it's suddenly sending signals for controller two?

Let's not forget it's quite bulky, no IR, would consume a lot of Blue Tooth channels......just no.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

The Motus website just went live today with these vids. I would be guessing the timing isn't exactly by chance. 70-100$ each, they operate on some gps gyroscope deal. My question is how accurate is the pointer and why is the 'professional' non game, golf version 500$. I think its a bad design, too big to grip and clearly very similar to the wiimote, so theyre getting sued big time.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

http://www.motusgames.com/ - little bit of tech info, not enough

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

fake they are in someones apartment. Notice the window and the desk the laptop and golf clubs the non sony tv thats def not LCD/plasma. Also who are these people? I don't know they dont give me their name and job title for credibility

Here is some info on the website, just the basics:

Domain name: motusgames.com

Registrant:
Satayan Mahajan (L8M65)
Fortescue Corporation
18 Fayette Street
Cambridge, MA 02139
United States
Phone: +1 (617) 426-2244

Administrative Contact:
Satayan Mahajan (TMECT)
Fortescue Corporation
18 Fayette Street
Cambridge, MA 02139
United States

Technical Contact:
Satayan Mahajan (L8M65)
Fortescue Corporation
18 Fayette Street
Cambridge, MA 02139
United States

Billing Contact:
Satayan Mahajan (JK8K5)
Fortescue Corporation
18 Fayette Street
Cambridge, MA 02139
United States

Record last updated on 2008-05-24 00:00:00
Record created on 2007-05-22 00:00:00
Record expires on 2009-05-22 00:00:00

Domain servers in listed order:
ns1.abac.com 216.55.128.4
ns2.abac.com

Registration Service Provider: AplusNet(APRO)

http://www.aplus.net

Registrar: NAMES4EVER, http://www.names4ever.com

Satellite Image of Listed Business Location:

Better look at the final image:

It looks residential but I could be wrong on that one.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Sqrl, check Windows Live Local. the pictures must have been taken in late winter so the foliage doesn't obscure your view. It's definitely residential.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
Onyxmeth said:

Is that really it? Whatever it is, it seems to function as well as the Wiimote. Do you have any pics of the controller itself? I like the snapping together and apart ability it has.

Did you notice how much input lag there is?

To be honest, no. Youtube videos tend to play a bit choppy on my computer so I'll take your word for it. I was also a bit mesmerized by the connecting and disconnecting of the controller. That's a nifty idea.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Definatelly residential nice detective work Sherlock