By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is this Motus deal?

Ok so now that this E3 thing is online, and kinda confirmed for Microsoft, what makes it different to the Wiimote? Lawyers and patent experts, tell me have Nintendo got a case? I need to see patents from Motus i guess.

Personally it does appear identical to the wiimote in some respects.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

Is that really it? Whatever it is, it seems to function as well as the Wiimote. Do you have any pics of the controller itself? I like the snapping together and apart ability it has.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Go to Motus website

Edit : US Patent search for, Motus + controller = got nothin

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Typical, i hope they get sued

Nintendo = Innovation = Wii

Onyxmeth said:

Is that really it? Whatever it is, it seems to function as well as the Wiimote. Do you have any pics of the controller itself? I like the snapping together and apart ability it has.

Did you notice how much input lag there is?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
Viper1 said:
Onyxmeth said:

Did you notice how much input lag there is?

Oh my god, that lag made me scared to even touch it, just imagine how a FPS would control. No offense to anybody, but those two videos looked like quite the gimmick to me.

"if you flick back, you can take out Obi-Wan's sword!"

......yawn.....

Sorry, but it seems like Lego Star Wars has terrible gameplay. No analog to move? I'd feel so weird not using my left hand to play.

That delay was atrocious. Also I can just see someone playing golf and that top piece flying off and smashing the tv. It almost looks like they faked it. Like they had some people playing with regular controllers behind them. Could explain the lag.

So fake.

JaggedSac said:
That delay was atrocious. Also I can just see someone playing golf and that top piece flying off and smashing the tv. It almost looks like they faked it. Like they had some people playing with regular controllers behind them. Could explain the lag.

Yeah... it did seem pretty laggy.

Maybe it's me... but i'd expect them to use a bigger TV too.