By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - I just downloaded Opera

^^ Tanks for your help Gnizmo. The keyboard shortcut you gave me works well enough.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

I use it as my main browser. I like it :).

Valkyria00 said:
Gearbox said:

Opera is the same web browser as the Nintendo Wii. It is a very old Web Browser and only 1.7% of the people with internet use it.

IE7 27%
IE6 26.5%
IE5 .5%
Firefox 41%
Mozilla .5%
Safari 2.6%
Opera 1.7%

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

What the fuck! its not "a very old web broswer'

OP:

I use it. its fucking awesome. competes with FF3 but FF2 was better. FF3 was total shit so I had to switch.
Uhm im not sure any advice to give you. Install the spell check files and use the Speed Dial feature its really reallyy helpful.

Opera came out in 1996, 12 years ago! I didn't mean it as if was bad, I ment it was old!

wfz said:
I thought Firefox was "Mozilla Firefox"...... What's the other Mozilla browser?

It is Mozilla Firefox, but Mozilla has had many browsers in the past.

PS360ForTheWin said:
Firefox owns all other browsers and then sends the firefox fox to defecate on them

Looks like someone hasn't used Opera...

Yeah, I use Opera, in fact, one could say that I'm an Opera fanboy ;). Opera is the fastest browser out there, it offers many features that other browsers don't, and it invented tabbed browsing (and is, to my knowledge, the only one that actually does tabs properly.

Around the Network
Gearbox said:
Valkyria00 said:
Gearbox said:

Opera is the same web browser as the Nintendo Wii. It is a very old Web Browser and only 1.7% of the people with internet use it.

IE7 27%
IE6 26.5%
IE5 .5%
Firefox 41%
Mozilla .5%
Safari 2.6%
Opera 1.7%

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

What the fuck! its not "a very old web broswer'

OP:

I use it. its fucking awesome. competes with FF3 but FF2 was better. FF3 was total shit so I had to switch.
Uhm im not sure any advice to give you. Install the spell check files and use the Speed Dial feature its really reallyy helpful.

Opera came out in 1996, 12 years ago! I didn't mean it as if was bad, I ment it was old!

But are you aware that he is not using the 1996 version, right? The latest version is the 9.51, updated in July 3, 2008... thats ten days ago!

Same can be said about Internet Explorer... is available since 1995.

theRepublic said:
brute said:
^no its not bad,its just not to popular,so does it work good?

It seems to be faster than Internet Explorer 7 at loading VG Chartz.

Just about everything other than netscape is faster than loading VGC than IE. (but I've heard safari is not really good).

Gearbox said:
wfz said:
I thought Firefox was "Mozilla Firefox"...... What's the other Mozilla browser?

It is Mozilla Firefox, but Mozilla has had many browsers in the past.

Ex: NETSCAPE...

SamuelRSmith said:
PS360ForTheWin said:
Firefox owns all other browsers and then sends the firefox fox to defecate on them

Looks like someone hasn't used Opera...

Yeah, I use Opera, in fact, one could say that I'm an Opera fanboy ;). Opera is the fastest browser out there, it offers many features that other browsers don't, and it invented tabbed browsing (and is, to my knowledge, the only one that actually does tabs properly.

I'm with him. I've been using Opera since before version 6.0 (and actually paid for it when it wasn't free) with only a brief affair with Firefox to break that streak.

my favorite browser is Safari, followed by Camino (FireFox for the Mac).

With Firefox 3 out, I will probably start using that more then Camino. Safari is still my favorite however.