By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - I just downloaded Opera

Gearbox said:

Opera is the same web browser as the Nintendo Wii. It is a very old Web Browser and only 1.7% of the people with internet use it.

IE7 27%
IE6 26.5%
IE5 .5%
Firefox 41%
Mozilla .5%
Safari 2.6%
Opera 1.7%

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxEDITxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Safari 3 is the fastest web browser
Firefox 3 is the second fastest
IE is next
Opera is next (The slowest browser that isn't based off another one)

Do you habve anything against opera?

Safari sucks and so does IE. Firefox 2 was awesome until 3 which fucked everything up. opera is the top browser out there just because lest people use it doesnt mean anything. FF is second then Safari and IE.

Around the Network

i think it works really well, and i like the interface.

Just because I know that Opera is the slowest and none of you belive me doesnt mean I have something against it..

Opera is an old browser, 9.51 is a newer version of Opera. Althought the newest one just came out it's still an old browser..

1.7 % is over a few MILLION users so it's not that it's unpopular rather just unknown. These percents don't include handhelds or game consoles if they did then Opera would be up to like 8% and safai up to 20%.

I read some coments youve made....TROLL!
I dont care anymore.

SamuelRSmith said:
PS360ForTheWin said:
Firefox owns all other browsers and then sends the firefox fox to defecate on them

Looks like someone hasn't used Opera...

Yeah, I use Opera, in fact, one could say that I'm an Opera fanboy ;). Opera is the fastest browser out there, it offers many features that other browsers don't, and it invented tabbed browsing (and is, to my knowledge, the only one that actually does tabs properly.

Firefox is anything you want it to be because of extensions. The tab extensions make it far better than Opera. What exactly does Opera have now that Firefox doesn't? Just about every feature you want is in some extension.

Around the Network
Gearbox said:
Just because I know that Opera is the slowest and none of you belive me doesnt mean I have something against it..

Opera is an old browser, 9.51 is a newer version of Opera. Althought the newest one just came out it's still an old browser..

1.7 % is over a few MILLION users so it's not that it's unpopular rather just unknown. These percents don't include handhelds or game consoles if they did then Opera would be up to like 8% and safai up to 20%.

http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/browserSpeed.html#winspeed
 http://www.hanselman.com/blog/VideoWindowsBrowserSpeedShootoutIE7Firefox2Opera9SafariForWindowsBeta3.aspx

It appears you know false information. Sadly there is no comparison with Opera 9.5 or Firefox 3 that I could find quickly, but I think this proves my point. Opera is one of the fastest browsers around.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

windbane said:
SamuelRSmith said:
PS360ForTheWin said:
Firefox owns all other browsers and then sends the firefox fox to defecate on them

Looks like someone hasn't used Opera...

Yeah, I use Opera, in fact, one could say that I'm an Opera fanboy ;). Opera is the fastest browser out there, it offers many features that other browsers don't, and it invented tabbed browsing (and is, to my knowledge, the only one that actually does tabs properly.

Firefox is anything you want it to be because of extensions. The tab extensions make it far better than Opera. What exactly does Opera have now that Firefox doesn't? Just about every feature you want is in some extension.

Widgets offer the exact same functionality as extentions. The truth is the differences between IE7, FF, and Opera are pretty much meaningless at this point. It is a matter of personal preference for which browser you want to use. Personally, I hate the slow start of Firefox. There may be an extention to fix that (unlikely) but I hate dealing with extensions too.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

i use opera. its cool.

Opera > Firefox

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

Gnizmo said:

Widgets offer the exact same functionality as extentions. The truth is the differences between IE7, FF, and Opera are pretty much meaningless at this point. It is a matter of personal preference for which browser you want to use. Personally, I hate the slow start of Firefox. There may be an extention to fix that (unlikely) but I hate dealing with extensions too.

Is there anything I can use to customize web pages more like FF has Stlyish.

Mainly an ads remover and something that reads RSS Feeds better.