Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rock band 2 info leak

@valkyria00

totally agree with you

Proud member of the Fierce Fox Force.

"I strike spurs onto my Wii controller. And against Sony and MS I fling myself,
unvanquished and unyielding. 'O Wii!!!"

-The Nintendian Philosophy

Around the Network

The song list isn't bad, and I really like the idea of having a jukebox and never-fail mode. I really hope Guitar Hero gets those features too, because they sound great.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

Not to insult, but any Wii owners would be sadomasachistic to purchase any Rock Band product over a Guitar Hero game, imo. Here is my justification for that bold statement:

Guitar Hero had an issue. Mono sound. They fixed it for free, and sent Wii owners free face plates. They treat the Wii like a serious console with their games. They ship the Wii version at the same time. They will have DLC for the Wii version in the new game.

Rock Band Wii and all of its creators should be ashamed for the garbage port they delivered.

I don't even own a Wii anymore, but I wouldn't buy Rock Band just because of that fact. Screw em. Lost me as a customer. Rock Band 2 can kiss my ass.

I completely agree. You're exactly right.

Valkyria00 said:

They never took over it theyve been with it since the beginning. (Tony Hawk)

They shouldve never released Rock Band for Wii if it was gonna be so gimped. It was a BS cash-in.

GH:WT is gonna kick RB 2 ass on all consoles.  RB2 will be more or less Rock Band 1.1 theyre not doing much different.
GH:WT ftw!

You're right about TH and Neversoft.  Not sure why I thought they had taken it over.... Still sleepy I guess.

And as to not releasing RBWii at all, that would have pissed off even more people.  Even if they couldn't add DLC or bother to add online play at least they released it.  If they didn't even release it but the PS2 got a port people would riot and call for their heads.  As it is now sales were decent considering the quality (or lack thereof) of the port so I guess not too many people were upset.

But I think it's unfair to just call it RB 1.1.  Sure GH is making a bigger leap but that's because they were already behind last year.  The GH:WT custom song mode definitely has potential to be awesome and the drum freeplay mode (where you just play on the drums over mp3s on RB) doesn't seem that great.  But the drum trainer mode in RB2 sounds pretty interesting as for a while people have claimed getting good at RB expert drums can get you trained to play actual drums.  Now they're actually throwing in some tutorials to play a real drum set.

azrm2k said:
Valkyria00 said:

They never took over it theyve been with it since the beginning. (Tony Hawk)

They shouldve never released Rock Band for Wii if it was gonna be so gimped. It was a BS cash-in.

GH:WT is gonna kick RB 2 ass on all consoles.  RB2 will be more or less Rock Band 1.1 theyre not doing much different.
GH:WT ftw!

You're right about TH and Neversoft.  Not sure why I thought they had taken it over.... Still sleepy I guess.

And as to not releasing RBWii at all, that would have pissed off even more people.  Even if they couldn't add DLC or bother to add online play at least they released it.  If they didn't even release it but the PS2 got a port people would riot and call for their heads.  As it is now sales were decent considering the quality (or lack thereof) of the port so I guess not too many people were upset.

But I think it's unfair to just call it RB 1.1.  Sure GH is making a bigger leap but that's because they were already behind last year.  The GH:WT custom song mode definitely has potential to be awesome and the drum freeplay mode (where you just play on the drums over mp3s on RB) doesn't seem that great.  But the drum trainer mode in RB2 sounds pretty interesting as for a while people have claimed getting good at RB expert drums can get you trained to play actual drums.  Now they're actually throwing in some tutorials to play a real drum set.

I have to disagree. It was what, 6 months since rock band released. It was way too late for them to even bother bringing it and they new they were already making RB 2 so that fact is the reason people are pissed off. you releases a cash-in and within  a month you announce a sequel....uhm I didnt know sequels took less than month to make.Harmonix really messed up.

Rock band doesnt need a sequel. The modes you mentioned arent anything special or worthy of a new disc/bundles with all the plastic instruments. GH:WT however is doing alot different of course from GH but is adding stuff not seen on RB.

Around the Network

Rock band doesnt need a sequel.

Harmonix agrees. Therefore you don't have to buy a new bundle since the old instruments will work and you can get just the disc. If you don't care enough to pay the $60 to buy the standalone disc with the 80 master recordings you can still buy RB2 DLC and play it on the first RB game. That's crazy that they are almost making their sequel irrelevant that people don't need to upgrade to play the new DLC. RB2 bundles are moreso for people who haven't jumped on RB1 yet and they get access to all the old DLC so it's a great deal.

And let's not try to argue that Harmonix is rushing RB2 to market to milk the consumer. Do I really need to repost that GH vs. RB chart? Activision will put out two GH games for every RB game that gets released. And before anybody yells "But Aerosmith and Metallica are just spinoffs". They cost full price as in buying GH:Aerosmith the standalone disc is the same price as RB2 standalone disc.

of all the complaints about gh over rb or vice versa, the one that determined it for me is quality.

i got gh2 last summer, i played it straight up till gh3. i got bored of gh3 before i got rock band. then they release aerosmith to lackluster reviews.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

I really could care less about what they did to the Wii. They treat me very well, and have earned my money for their next game. The only thing GH4 has that interests me would be the music creation tools they have. If implemented well that could be very cool and could mean some excellent user created content. But I see trouble with that as people remake copyrighted material. RB2's electric kit will be cool and Online Bands will also be cool. Since they are musicians themselves I trust they will show the genre the respect it deserves.

azrm2k said:
And let's not try to argue that Harmonix is rushing RB2 to market to milk the consumer. Do I really need to repost that GH vs. RB chart? Activision will put out two GH games for every RB game that gets released. And before anybody yells "But Aerosmith and Metallica are just spinoffs". They cost full price as in buying GH:Aerosmith the standalone disc is the same price as RB2 standalone disc.

Okay, then I guess you agree that all spinoff games should cost less? Hmmm... So Final Fantasy Versus XIII should cost less than Final Fantasy XIII? I don't Follow your logic. Man, I guess according to your logic, they must be milking the fanchise.

^^I find the Aerosmith and Metallica games to be uncouth. Especially since they do not offer the songs via DLC alongside the disc version. If they did this you could make the argument that they are doing this so that people without hard drives and such can get the new songs. But this forces people who do want DLC to pay for a bunch of songs that they might not want in order to get the ones that they do want. Seems like they are just going for the way that makes the most money instead of the ways that are best for the audience.