By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rock band 2 info leak

i love xbox360 said:
Tbone said:
I dont know i think ea or harmonix made a bad decision with rockband 2 releasing only for 360 if gt world tour releases 1 month after that maybe most people will gh world tour and not wait for rock band 2 but u never know.

m$ probally gave them a truck load of money

Perhaps wouldnt be surprised.

Around the Network

LOL. Not sure why everyone hates Harmonix. RB got amazing scores(a lot higher than the GHs) and the game is a ton of fun. Harmonix know how to do a rhythm game and appear to deeply care for music. They have consistently delivered DLC(not an entire game based on new songs) and have treated me rather well. The only thing I do not like about RB is no Online World Tour, but that seems to be fixed.

Tbone said:
i love xbox360 said:
Tbone said:
I dont know i think ea or harmonix made a bad decision with rockband 2 releasing only for 360 if gt world tour releases 1 month after that maybe most people will gh world tour and not wait for rock band 2 but u never know.

m$ probally gave them a truck load of money

Perhaps wouldnt be surprised.

but if they did that money badly spent, rock band isnt gonna sell consoles y didnt they pay for ff13 instead a strange decision

SKEEZER AND NINTENDO FAN GIRL ARE MY NEMESIS

YES TO BEER

Real guitar support and an actual set of electric drums? Amazing

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

@JaggedSac

Some of us hate harmonix because of what they did to wii owners. I respect your opinion but if harmonix wants to deliever a crappy port just to cash in then they can suck one.

Around the Network
JaggedSac said:
LOL. Not sure why everyone hates Harmonix. RB got amazing scores(a lot higher than the GHs) and the game is a ton of fun. Harmonix know how to do a rhythm game and appear to deeply care for music. They have consistently delivered DLC(not an entire game based on new songs) and have treated me rather well. The only thing I do not like about RB is no Online World Tour, but that seems to be fixed.

Scores mean nothing.

Then what the hell woul you call the piece of crap they brought to Wii?

It would have been a lot better if they included a hihat pedal. That would have made a big difference against the GH drums.

To be fair though, Fishy, lower-end electronic drumsets don't have hihat-specific pads.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Yeah i'm with jagged. It sucks that the Wii didn't get a solid effort with RB but otherwise Harmonix seems like a pretty solid company. They said they're willing to offer patches for their instruments in GH but Activision actively went out and blocked the GH3 patch for the PS3.

Plus I'm expecting RB2 to be far better than GH:WT. I don't know how much freedom the song creation system is going to have in GH so that could be a wild card but otherwise I can't see how RB would be inferior to GH. Harmonix are proven developers with a music background (Bonus songs from GH1 and rumored in RB2 are songs that the Harmonix guys made) who have put out several quality music rhythm games. Neversoft on the other hand has a reputation for taking over another franchise (Tony Hawk) and running it into the ground slowly.

I understand Wii-only owners are upset with them and I agree there's no good excuse for not having online play in RBWii after GH3 had it. The only think I can think of is that once they realized with the state of Nintendo's storage solution that they couldn't do DLC, they figured they'd port the PS2 version instead of the HD version and didn't bother adding online play late into the game since the Wii SKU was already several months late. That's just lazy and uncalled for. But i'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. If GH:WT DLC actually works well for the Wii I definitely think Harmonix would offer it for RB2 as well. Why wouldn't they want to offer it? They make a killing off of it and if possible they are going to throw it on every console.

azrm2k said:
Yeah i'm with jagged. It sucks that the Wii didn't get a solid effort with RB but otherwise Harmonix seems like a pretty solid company. They said they're willing to offer patches for their instruments in GH but Activision actively went out and blocked the GH3 patch for the PS3.

Plus I'm expecting RB2 to be far better than GH:WT. I don't know how much freedom the song creation system is going to have in GH so that could be a wild card but otherwise I can't see how RB would be inferior to GH. Harmonix are proven developers with a music background (Bonus songs from GH1 and rumored in RB2 are songs that the Harmonix guys made) who have put out several quality music rhythm games. Neversoft on the other hand has a reputation for taking over another franchise (Tony Hawk) and running it into the ground slowly.

I understand Wii-only owners are upset with them and I agree there's no good excuse for not having online play in RBWii after GH3 had it. The only think I can think of is that once they realized with the state of Nintendo's storage solution that they couldn't do DLC, they figured they'd port the PS2 version instead of the HD version and didn't bother adding online play late into the game since the Wii SKU was already several months late. That's just lazy and uncalled for. But i'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. If GH:WT DLC actually works well for the Wii I definitely think Harmonix would offer it for RB2 as well. Why wouldn't they want to offer it? They make a killing off of it and if possible they are going to throw it on every console.

They never took over it theyve been with it since the beginning. (Tony Hawk)

They shouldve never released Rock Band for Wii if it was gonna be so gimped. It was a BS cash-in.

GH:WT is gonna kick RB 2 ass on all consoles.  RB2 will be more or less Rock Band 1.1 theyre not doing much different.
GH:WT ftw!