By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - will 360 sell 7 million in the US in the holiday Season

Sure, right after the Aerial Bacon Squadron is formed and finishes their mission to reduce the temperature of the earth's core to below 32 degrees Fahrenheit. So far we're having a hard time getting the pigs to fly, and we're not sure when we can schedule their voyage to freeze Hell over, but we've got our top men working 'round the clock on it!

...Ah, I just got a report in. It seems that it's not so much "our top men" as "a couple of guys off the street". But they tell me they've made lots of progress on assembling their new beer hats! Not much done on Project Baconwings, though. Sorry, I don't think we'll be done in time for Christmas after all.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Around the Network

maybe....

No it's not possible. Holiday season this year consists of 5 weeks, like most years. Starting from Black Friday week to Christmas Eve week. Meaning on average simply in the NA region, 360 would have to sell about 1.4 million per week. Last year Wii didn't even sell 2 million in America in that timeframe. DS only sold 3.2 million. Your prediciton is not only impossible, but silly. I don't think any console could do that in 5 weeks in the US, let alone how hard it is to do that WW in 5 weeks during the holiday season.

Seriously this is obviously you randomly choosing numbers and not looking at the data first to see if ya might be reasonable. To those who have even said it's possible should be ashamed of themselves.

You mean sell 7,000,000 this holiday season alone? I dont think a $50 price cut will do all of that now...

If this was 2006, the same lineup was getting released, and the Xbox360 was $200 I would believe they could do 7,000,000 in the holiday season alone (holiday season for me is from Thanksgiving until January.)

People in US will chose x360 over PS3 and Wii because.... ? =)))

M$ is paying for 1 year of LIVE!. =))

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

stupid post and poster

Believe!!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

of course the 360 will sell 7 million during the holiday season!!!the 360 is da best! it will do this cause everyone knows dat it is better than the wii!

so does this mean that the ps3 will sell 12 million and the wii 15 million?lol jk

You're thinking too small. Think BIG! Holidays? Pfft, try the week after the price cut is announced. Heck, it could be this week! No wonder ioi is taking so long to put in the numbers! Am I right or am I right?

*hi5*

It is POSSIBLE. Everything is.

Q: When was the last time anything at all sold 1.4 million in one week in any one territory (Japan, Others or America)?
A: I think it never happened, but I'm not too sure. If anyone could prove me wrong I would be most grateful.

Q: When was the last time that the 360 came close to those numbers in the America?
A: It hasn't. Around holiday season the last two years the sales has topped around 400k.

Q: Are there really 7 million people out there wanting to buy a gaming console this holiday season?
A: America is a big continent. It might be that there are. It's unlikely though.

Q: Why would a pricecut suddenly make people rush out and buy the console when that hasn't been the case so far this generation?
A: Sorry, this answer is up to you. I can see no reason.

The real question is though, how could the Xbox 360 sell 60% of it's Life to date sales in one month when it's over two years old?

I will take note of your prediction and beat you over the head with it if you are proven wrong, unless you can show me some good reasons for it.

This is invisible text!