By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
bardicverse said:
LeetGeek - I think the problem is HOW the criticism is delivered. From what Ive seen, most anti-wii posts are "LOLZ the wii is for soccer moms and little girls", which really has no bearing to the industry, the system or its demographic at all. The XB360 gets criticized for RROD, which has been a problem for many XB360 owners, and is talking about an actual flaw in the hardware. The PS3 gets criticized for its high price or just simply for the errors Sony committed this generation and blowing what was thought to be a sure win at launch.

It comes down to a matter of how the conversation is held. There's a ton of intellectual Wii criticisms, such as graphical abilities, friend codes, shovelware, etc, that do not get erased or those posters banned. The mods are just trying to get rid of the people that make this site look like the Gamespot.com forums. VG Chartz is far above that, and blatant ignorance/abuse isn't tolerated.

I got a week ban for saying there were too many Gamecube/PS2 ports on Wii.

Around the Network

This is incredible that so many mods get defensive when someone makes an outrageous suggestion. Just ignore the thread, the clown who created it, and move on.

It doesn't matter who owns what system, just that the mods do their assigned, volunteer jobs.

Currently playing: Civ 6

MontanaHatchet said:
Rath said:
fkusumot said:

All mods should own a DS.

All humans should own a DS in fact.

Any creature with opposable thumbs should own a DS.

You don't need to have an opposable thumb to hold a stylus.

Leetgeek said:
bardicverse said:
LeetGeek - I think the problem is HOW the criticism is delivered. From what Ive seen, most anti-wii posts are "LOLZ the wii is for soccer moms and little girls", which really has no bearing to the industry, the system or its demographic at all. The XB360 gets criticized for RROD, which has been a problem for many XB360 owners, and is talking about an actual flaw in the hardware. The PS3 gets criticized for its high price or just simply for the errors Sony committed this generation and blowing what was thought to be a sure win at launch.

It comes down to a matter of how the conversation is held. There's a ton of intellectual Wii criticisms, such as graphical abilities, friend codes, shovelware, etc, that do not get erased or those posters banned. The mods are just trying to get rid of the people that make this site look like the Gamespot.com forums. VG Chartz is far above that, and blatant ignorance/abuse isn't tolerated.

I got a week ban for saying there were too many Gamecube/PS2 ports on Wii.

THats it, you're banned. ;) J/K. Are you sure it was worded exactly that way?  Maybe you got banned for a different post in another thread? Like the one suggesting someone's mother, a llama and half of a pork chop?

I Rock_on_2008 said:
psrock said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
You need to own a Wii to be a mod these days. FYI: 12 out of 17 mods are Wii owners. It would be good to see another PS3 mod or even a X360 mod would be good.

which mod own a ps3?

ssj12 is a PS3 owner. twesterm owns a PS3 too. I believe rocketpig owns a PS3 as well.

I keep forgetting they are mods...