By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If the 360 confirms motion controls at E3 would it be a sign of weakness?

The Wii is good as it is and requires no upgrades or additional major hardware to be implemented for it to be successful. The PS3 is pretty much the same. However, the 360 seems to be in limbo as to which way to go. So much so it has caused several rumors on a Wii like controller or a six axix like controller to maintain its lead over the PS3 and continue to be successful. Along with this we have the MS version of PS HOME rumors as well as a possible Singstar clone (LIPS) to rival the PS3.

Previous statements made by MS were not in favor of the six axix or the Wii controller, nor were the response to PS HOME any good. Now for these rumors to be flying around the net and possible clones of its rivals being made; could it be due to pressure from a slow down in sales, PS3's gaining momentum or is it just to catch up with what the rivals have to offer their users and possible future customers?

In my opinion (please note it is just an opinion and nothing more) MS seems to be confused as which way to go. If they introduce either; a Wii like controller or PS3 style control pad, they will be hit by the media for copying their competitors. Fanboys from either side will have a field day and it will seem as if MS had to give in and make alterations in their plans for the 360 to keep up. Fact is, if one can't innovate he imitates and is this something that MS are willing to do/ will it be feasible?

Around the Network

If all they can do is copy sony and nintendo then yes it would be a sign of weakness.

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893

I don't know--I think it depends on how they unveil it. If they show that they aren't birdmen and that they understand the reason for motion controls (and if it works well, of course), then they have a chance of differentiating themselves somewhat and avoiding a little backlash.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

it's not so much a sign of weakness as a sign of monstrous lawsuit. If it looks anything like a stick-like controller with buttons in the front and in the back, Nintendo should sue.

I haven't seen this bluntly ripoff since well... last IPhone rip off by the chinese company

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

All three companies copy and implement ideas from one another. Motion control would be needed in RTS games. The X360 analogue controller would not cut it with RTS games. Motion controller could be interesting if implemented in Halo Wars and would improve controls within the game if a motion control is used. Developers may want to implement motion controls as an option in some other games on the system. Other future RTS games could use the motion control on the system.

Around the Network

This is how the industry works: the losers copy the winners in the hope of emulating their success. If Microsoft were to implement motion controls, it would be a sign of Nintendo's strength -or possibly Sony's, depending on how it was implemented, but more likely Nintendo's- not Microsoft's weakness.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

it´s smart of them to try and tap in to the Wii market and if they can get a little of that buisness their way then it will be worth it and it could be the feature that allows them to stay ahead of the PS 3 if all goes well for them.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Yes. While some may think it's smart to copy the winner, their system wasn't developed with that in mind, so they would just be selling out.

why not, I wish Sony would have one too, that 's as good as the wiimote anyway. All i hear is how innovative the gameplay is with the wiimote, i would love to see it implemented into the HD consoles.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Smashchu2 said:
Yes. While some may think it's smart to copy the winner, their system wasn't developed with that in mind, so they would just be selling out.

Exactly