By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is the "top stories" section on VGChartz sponsored by nintendo?

I'd gladly volunteer to contribute ps3 news, among other things, but I know I'd probably forget and instead just make threads about everything like I do now.

Around the Network
BengaBenga said:

To me.

I agree we need more Microsoft contributors. Send me an email on bcornelisse[AT]vgchartz[DOT]com with a self written newsarticle. This goes for everyone who wants to be a Microsoft contributor. You also have to cover other news.

Of course good behaviour on the site is a big plus, but don't let that keep you from sending something in.

I don't know on which timeframe we will be able to have a position.

Btw: The top stories are purely ranked on popularity.

Very well then I shall see what I can slap together. Hopefully I will have something written up fairly soon for you.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

I could do 360 news... But over half of the article would be copied and pasted. I mean, eh. I'm not that good of a formater.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

noname2200 said:
disolitude said:

I noticed that a lot of nintendo stuff is up in the top stories section, most of which is not really even news (What the hell is Captain Rainbow)...

"Think Viewtiful Joe meets Nintendo's world in 3D."

I'm a helper!

YOU ARE AN HERO!!! A WINNAR IS YOU! lulz

disolitude said:

I noticed that a lot of nintendo stuff is up in the top stories section, most of which is not really even news (What the hell is Captain Rainbow)...

Sure, some Sony stuff gets up there as well...but lately Xbox stuff doesn't...things like which Xbox live games got released today and Free Halo 3 map and Ninja gaiden 2 mission mode release date are nowhere to be found and I believe that is much bigger news than Activision deciding to release more Wii shovelware.

So I'm just wondering how does a story become a top story?

A. It's not bigger news than the activision story.

B. Capatain Rainbow is a new IP from Nintendo, still unreported on Kotaku.

C. A ton of news about all consoles doesn't even make it up there.

D. More people own a Wii, so they are probably more informed about the console.

Afterall, this isn't a hard hitting news site. Give em a break.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Just bump the Sony/MS stories if you are interested.

I added about 50 hits to one of the stories about a week ago to see if it would get into the top 5 and it did, once it is there more people notice it so it moves up by itself.

Yo Benga, I've been trying for contributor status for a while now. I'll send you an email and pm article that I recently wrote. Might be a nintendo fanboy, but the sad fact is, I don't own a Wii, and the 360 is pretty much the only console I play.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I noticed that. Some other sites r completely Xbox/PS3 obsessives. Exclusives, articles, interviews, almost always heavily in favour of the higher quality systems. Game trailers pisses me off bcoz of that.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

It no biggy it's determined by the hits the story gets and there are just more people interested in that kind of news.

Get starcraft to contribute and hopefully some better 360 news will get on.

Disposition said:
It no biggy it's determined by the hits the story gets and there are just more people interested in that kind of news.

Get starcraft to contribute and hopefully some better 360 news will get on.

Yeah I just applied to Benga, so we'll see what happens.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS