By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii-mote: How useful for traditional games?

Gballzack said:

I'm glad to see RE4 handle the wii-mote the way ports should. Offer a Wii-mote scheme as well as the alternative choice of using the Trational (virtual console) Controller or Gamecube Controller. That way Gamers aren't forced to use the After-the-fact Wii-mote controls if they don't like them. It would be nice to see more third party developers who are adapting ports for the Wii take this approach.

Even then, who's to say this wouldn't be a good idea for games made specifically for the Wii aswell, offer the traditional controller as an alternative for those who can't stand the Wii-mote. But at this early stage, a dependency on the Wii-mote may be necessary to drive home the point it is needed, giving the option to ignore it (outside of ported games) may create the mentality that it's not needed what-so-ever for the future of gaming.

I strongly agree with you on this. The Hajime no Ippo videos someone was spreading here showed that the game allows both wiimote and classic controller as well, so looks like a bunch of developers are giving it a shot.

I'm not sure if I should be amused or depressed by how a troll on /v/ was claiming the multiple control configurations available for SSBB were a bad thing, because you need to spend a lot of money on all the controllers to fully enjoy the game. -_- 

Around the Network

Yes I love how people can complain about buying a $20 dollar traditional controller for the Wii but see no issue in buying a console that is initially $50-$350 dollars more expensive without accessories. Not to bash the other consoles per say but this is no different than how people called Nintendo money grubbers when they announced there would be accessories for the Wii-mote.

Yes I love how people can complain about buying a $20 dollar traditional controller for the Wii but see no issue in buying a console that is initially $50-$350 dollars more expensive without accessories.

I must have missed those, most PS3 owners I know myself included praised the Wii-mote. But I think to claim it's the best choice for any type of game goes a bit too far though.

Personally I already praised Nintendo for going the way of the Wii-mote many months before its Japanese release.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

MikeB said:
Yes I love how people can complain about buying a $20 dollar traditional controller for the Wii but see no issue in buying a console that is initially $50-$350 dollars more expensive without accessories.

I must have missed those, most PS3 owners I know myself included praised the Wii-mote. But I think to claim it's the best choice for any type of game goes a bit too far though.

Personally I already praised Nintendo for going the way of the Wii-mote many months before its Japanese release.

I guess you have missed many threads in this forum, the PS3 squad is more or less attacking the Wiimote in every sale argument, that and the lack of HD. 

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

I guess you have missed many threads in this forum, the PS3 squad is more or less attacking the Wiimote in every sale argument, that and the lack of HD.

IMO the Nintendo Wii can be criticized for lots of things, but IMO the Wii-mote is clearly the Wii's stong point.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

Well, I can say I really like the Wii controls for Resident Evil 4. I find them very fluid and I think the motion sensing and targeting have been used wonderfully. It makes me wonder if the Wii-mote will become my prefered controls for even traditional games. That is if the developers use the controls well. But I wouldn't quite say I like the Wii-mote the best for traditional games yet, just that it has potential.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)