By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii-mote: How useful for traditional games?

Kwaad said:

Another AAA Wii game.

Oh yeah. I blew up windows, and now I run linux. Back to motorstorm for another week.

EDIT: I just wanna add, that the wii-mote design is, the do all, end all controller. But it needs a 2nd analog stick, about 4 more buttons (or move the 4 buttons you cant really use) A much improved pointer (too much delay) and an Accelerometer that isnt a Peice of ****. Also, the tilt function, could be a little more stable.

Fix those problems, and I'm sold on the Wiimote. Untill then. I think it's garbage. 

It doesn't need a second analog, its tilt can replace a second analog, 

most devs just don't use it, it doesn't need more bttons, 

again both the Wiimote and nunchuck can detect tilt, titlt works great in nintendo made games

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

famitsu gave it a 38/40, so yeah it seems like most places except Eurogamer liked the controls

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

I think a 88 is pretty high. It is higher than Resistance Fall of Man and Tom Clancy's Ghost recon.
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/wii/residentevil4
Only Eurogamer gave it a mediocre review

Well the fact it is lower than 96 (what it got on the GameCube) means it got WORSE reviews than the original.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Yeah but what ported game gets a higher review than the original, other than godfather?

Around the Network

Ah...but the fact remains, a port of a last generation game is still higher than Resistance Fall of Man and Tom Clancy's Ghost recon.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

I"m not going to claim Bias, but Eurogamer typically scores games on Nintendo platforms 5% to 10% lower than the average score they recieve whereas they seem to be pretty close to the average on Sony and Microsoft platforms.

@Happy Squrriel

That is the absolute definition of not claiming Bias. Good job.

DonWii said:
@Happy Squrriel

That is the absolute definition of not claiming Bias. Good job.

Could be, but...  it could be that the other sources are biased the other way.  (Ok, not likely.... but just saying it isn't always clear where the bias really is...)  The difference could also be caused by weighted scores and some factor that the Nintendo typically scores lower in has a higher weight from the one source of reveiws.  All sorts of ways it could work out without it being a bias.

would have been interesting to see them give you the choice between the new wii-mote controller and the gamecube/traditional controller