By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Crysis Warhead will retail at 30$ !!!! Bargain of the Year!!!!!

"Now if you played Crysis you know there's a vehicle sequence in that game where you just man the machine gun while someone else drives. This caused some grumbling from players as it got away from Crysis' philosophy of being able to plot your own course your own way. So in Warhead, you've got options. You can follow the pilot or you can bail out of your ASV and jump into the pilot's vehicle and man his machine gun. I stuck with keeping in my own vehicle, since it had heavier firepower. That didn't mean I was stuck there, either. At any time I could come to a stop, jump out and engage the North Koreans on foot, jump into a new vehicle (if the one I was in was took too much damage), or jump into the pilot's and man the machine gun."

"Dealing with the tank is easy if you have a rocket launcher, but if you don't there's a new toy to play with, the AT mine. I grabbed one, cloaked, and walked out in the middle of the road. Placing the mine causes you to uncloak, which was perfect since that got the attention of the tank and it rolled toward the mine. I sat back to watch the fireworks only to see it miss the mine. I turned around to engage some North Koreans trying to sneak up on me (the AI of troops is really impressive), and as my back was turned I heard and felt a large explosion, as the tank had backed up over the mine. Other new toys I got to see included the nice automatic pistol (which can be duel wielded) as well as a grenade launcher."

"At any point you can try and disengage and just haul over to the submarine, but true shooter fans will probably enjoy the mayhem. The large-scale battles of Crysis were some of the best moments of the game, like when you stormed the village with the school or attacked a helicopter base. This is just like that, but bigger, because there are soldiers everywhere. The nanosuit can be used to full advantage to maneuver or hide around the base."

"I found the level to be a pretty much non-stop affair, quite a bit different from Crysis which had lulls and downtimes between large set piece battles. In Warhead, you're propelled from one encounter to another. The game doesn't quite have the over-the-top intensity of a Call of Duty, but it will still keep you on your toes. That and the sandbox environments will have you constantly thinking, as you can change tactics and approaches on the fly. If the rest of Warhead is like this it should be good news to those who felt that some of Crysis' passages were too linear."

"And the best news is that even though Warhead is a full game, IGN has confirmed that it's going to have the price of an expansion pack. At E3, EA will reveal that Crysis Warhead will retail at $29.99."

http://pc.ign.com/articles/887/887185p1.html

That's right: 30$ only!!! Not only is Crysis Warhead going to be far better than Crysis, with improvements on the action, gameplay, AI and graphics, but it's for only 30$!!!!!

Around the Network

Crysis Warhead: 30 dollars
System needed to play: 1000 dollars
total cost: 1030.

Think you found a bargin? Priceless

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Nice I'm definately getting it. I enjoyed crysis a lot. Best open world fps that I've played. ( I didn't play too many though) Oh and I heard the game is optimized better so it will run far better than crysis does on my pc.

kingofwale said:

seriously shut up

kingofwale said:
Crysis: 30 dollars

System needed to play Crysis Warhead on High Settings = 400$/400€

Crysis Warhead 'will run on a €400 PC'

how does it feel to be wrong?

Around the Network
kingofwale said:

kingofwale said:

System needed to play: 1000 dollars  less than$500

SSJ says he can put together a computer that could run crysis on high for 400 dollars actually, King. I plan to take him up on it if I ever have that kinda money lying around and I decide to opt for a new computer over a 360.

shio said:
kingofwale said:

and I'd ask him to send me such PC while I mail him a 400 dollars check.

I'm not saying it won't be a good game, but to say it's a "bargin", is to me defying the whole purpose of having a console.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:
shio said:
kingofwale said:

and I'd ask him to send me such PC while I mail him a 400 dollars check.

I'm not saying it won't be a good game, but to say it's a "bargin", is to me defying the whole purpose of having a console.

PC gaming is cheaper than PS3/360 gaming. What is there to know? PC games are far cheaper, and you ALWAYS cover the hardware costs from the money you save on PC games AND still keep some in the pocket.