By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Eurogamer: Unreal Tournament III performance 360 > PS3

NJ5 said:
MikeB said:
NJ5 said:
ssj12 said:
WhiteDevil said:
long time in development... enuff said

360 us basically a PC on the inside so it is easy for a formally PC only developer to develop for.

Not true. 360's architecture is closer to the Wii than to a PC.

Maybe you're thinking of the first Xbox?

The 360 has a clear distinguishing architecture compared to a PC. It has a PPC-like CPU (just like the Wii, but far more powerful), which is similar in architecture as used by past Amigas and Macs, but triple core and with additional capability. Some GPU approaches like the use EDRam is clearly a console like approach (PS2), the shared memory bandwidth sacrificing approach is more like a cheap low-end PC solution.

What makes it most like a PC is especially it's development environment, which uses many Windows originating technology. It's easier but not more powerful to the most talented coders to work with.

Overall I would say the console is closer to a PC than a Wii, certainly in terms of development approach and with regard to gaming capability.

Thank you for the usual blabbering but half of that has nothing to do with what we were talking about. I was just replying to ssj12's assertion.

Which my response was clearly ignored because I shoved your assertion back at you with Epic's history of releasing Mac based versions of their games on PowerPC CPUs.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

Is this at all suprising to anyone. Didn't epic say a while back that the engine would get better with every game released...

gears < UT3 (PS3) < UT3(360 < whatever game they do next regardless of platform

Yes

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=32044

I done this thread on the graphics last week.

check it out if you like.

ssj12 said:

Which my response was clearly ignored because I shoved your assertion back at you with Epic's history of releasing Mac based versions of their games on PowerPC CPUs.

But what you said was "the 360 is basically a PC on the inside" which is false for many reasons which have been pointed out. Macs have nothing to do with the conversation...

Anyway, that horse has been beaten to death.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I havent read the articile, but was there any mention on if the 360 version gets mods and keyboard mouse support like other versions.

Around the Network
skip said:

I havent read the articile, but was there any mention on if the 360 version gets mods and keyboard mouse support like other versions.

I read the review, don't remember about mods but keyboard/mouse is not supported.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

davygee said:

360 UT3 comes out 7/8 months later than the PS3 version, so it is to be expected that Epic can do more with it now.

yah thats right .. for example oblivion for ps3 is better than 360 one.

NJ5 said:
ssj12 said:

But what you said was "the 360 is basically a PC on the inside" which is false for many reasons which have been pointed out. Macs have nothing to do with the conversation...

Anyway, that horse has been beaten to death.

Mac is a PC. 360 = PC. 360 CPU = updated Mac CPU. UT = Mac and PC franchise. So Epic = experienced with PowerPC CPUs.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Well this is strange, we have IGN saying the ps3 version is superior in there review, but we have another reviewer say otherwise.... its funny how the ps3 bashers have all of a sudden started to uprise with this thread. sort of pathetic really, especially "fishy" for attacking a great game such as MGS4 saying it doesnt deserve to be called a game. Is borderline stupid. Then again most fanboys are the same. this is a case of GTA 4 one reviewer believes the PS3 version is still superior, another believes the 360 version is still superior.  its all a matter of opinion, even if its clear that one of them has better performence, seeing as not only IGN, but gamespot states the ps3 version performs best.

i traded PS3 version in to get the 360 version of UT3, more to do with Gears 2 video content than anything else though