By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Eurogamer: Unreal Tournament III performance 360 > PS3

Skeeuk said:
BrayanA said:
whatever said:
Fishie said:
PooperScooper said:
whatever said:
Its really hard to take Eurogamer seriously.

aren't they the ones that said without MS hardcore gaming would be dead?

Yeah read my above post.

That was EDGE magazine

No, but they were just about the only ones that thought GTA IV looked better on the 360 than the PS3. Just go check out their reviews and its pretty clear which console they favor.

BS! Gamespot and Eurogamer give it to 360 too.

most gave it to ps3, its already been covered on vgchartz, the ps3 install really does help cut those texture loads and pop ins compared to 360 version, although both are same and deserve same score.

Most? Who are thouse most? And yes, indeed we already covered this here:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=28066

Gamespot - Xbox 360 Versus PlayStation 3 Graphics Comparison: Round 3 - GTA IV
http://www.gamespot.com/features/6191251/p-3.html
"The PlayStation 3 has a nearly 10-minute-long installation sequence, which helps slightly in terms of in-game loads. However, saved games take equivalent periods of time to load on both machines. If we had to definitively pick a version, we'd go with the 360's rendition of the game for its crisper visuals"

Videogamer - GTA 4: Xbox 360 vs. PS3 - 360 Wins

http://www.videogamer.com/features/article/29-04-2008-389.html
"if you own both consoles and want to buy the best version, we'd have to recommend the Xbox 360 game. While both games are more or less functionally the same, the Xbox 360 game looks significantly sharper to our eyes and features more natural lighting"

Eurogamer - PS3 GTA IV almost certainly 630p
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=134736
"The PlayStation 3 version of Grand Theft Auto IV almost certainly runs in 630p ... However, Eurogamer's Face-Off compiler and resident big-brain Rich Leadbetter says that while the PS3 version may be a touch blurrier, it's not necessarily inferior. Far from it, in fact ... the PS3's lower resolution serves to mask a lot of the nasty after effects"

I gave you links and game site. What you give me? Nothing! Empty words. Show me some links - IGN, GameTrailers, Gamespot, Eurogamer, Videogamer!!!!

Around the Network
Jordahn said:
Fishie said:
Stats87 said:
MrMarc said:

I love how people (PS3 fanboys) constantly give Eurogamer shit simply because they prove time and time again the 360 has it up over on the PS3. They're only one of the most respected gaming sites on the internet with a constant line of integrity and yet they're so full of shit?

The fact that the 360 is technically trumping the 'more powerful' PS3 is common knowledge, why aren't you ready to accept that?

I've said it before and I'll keep on saying it until I'm proven wrong, but in the end when it all comes down to simple real world gaming, the 360 is more powerful than the PS3.

err what?

More Cross-Platform games are starting to look better on the PS3. (those released at the same time)

Generally I've found PS3 Exclusives, on average, to be more technically and graphically impressive then XBox 360 exclusives

In this case of UT3, it came out over 7 months later and has clearly been optimized and enchanced for the 360.

If (and I'm pretty sure it will) Bioshock is more technically impressive on the PS3, what then?

Yet when Oblivion was released a year later it proved that the PS3 was superior(despite shivering isles expansion on 360 looking exactly alike)?

And if Bioshock DOESNT look better there is something horribly wrong, the engine used for the game on 360 and PC was a hybrid of UE2 and UE3 because UE3 was simply not finished yet when they started the game. The PS3 version of UE3 has been finished and used in games for a while now so if it doesnt look spectacularly better then Bioshock on 360 there is something horribly wrong.

I for one have seen that the PS3 version of Oblivion looks and run better than the 360.  It IMPLIES that the PS3 is more powerful than the 360, but it only proves that Bethesda can make a better looking version of the game.  More powerful or not is never the issue with me.  The end results is what's important.  Also, are you expecting the PS3 version of Bioshock to look worse than the 360 version?  Who know what will happen.  If Epic can spend the extra time to make the 360 version of UTIII look better (assumingly) than the PS3 version, why can't the same be said for Bioshock PS3?  And so what if Bioshock PS3 isn't as quite as nice looking than the 360 version?  To say that from now on all multi-platform games will look and run better on the 360 is highly improbably.  I'm not saying you're saying this.  What I am saying is that as long as both consoles have their share of better looking games (they have and it's safe to say that they will), you guys are just going to keep arguing in circles.

Reading comprehension FTL