By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which fighting game you're skilled in ?

I was very good on the first Soulcalibur but I forgot everything about it

Around the Network
Staude said:
Tbone said:
Staude said:
I'm pretty good at Tekken.. well atleast i kick everyone i knows ass at it.

I'm surprised to see so many Tekken players in here. We should do a T5 DR Online tournament :P

Tekken 5 dr is crappy online.

yea but it's playable... most of the time :p

Sometimes but im just hopeing that they will fix it on tekken 6.

My favorite fighter is Street Fighter 2 and I was actually not too bad when I'd be at the arcade several times a week. Since then my skills have decreased to a pitiful level.

I still buy all the big name fighters but my wife doesn't particularly like playing games so I'm usually playing by myself (and we know you don't get better by playing alone). Once the new batch of fighters come out (waiting for SF4 and SC4) with online capabilities, I'll hopefully get a little bit better.

mtofu said:
My favorite fighter is Street Fighter 2 and I was actually not too bad when I'd be at the arcade several times a week. Since then my skills have decreased to a pitiful level.

I still buy all the big name fighters but my wife doesn't particularly like playing games so I'm usually playing by myself (and we know you don't get better by playing alone). Once the new batch of fighters come out (waiting for SF4 and SC4) with online capabilities, I'll hopefully get a little bit better.

the first fighting game i ever played is SF II but i have a very bad start on it .... its nearly all the people in the arcade beat me :( ... but now the situation is changed :).

Street Fighter series, Tekken 3, Marvel vs Capcom 2, Killer Instinct 2.

Around the Network
stranne said:
I used to be quite good at IK+

This brought a warm smile to my face :) I wonder if they'll add IK+ to Virtual Console some day, or is it too similar to IK?

Anyway, to answer the OP, I'm not that great in any fighting game, but my forte is Virtua Fighter 4 and Shun Di, but I'm not at the level of those who really know their VF.

You can win in some of the fighting games by just repeating the same move over and over. Just using the punch or kick button and blocking your opponent is an easy way to win without much effort against the computer In fighting games if you memorise a few combos you should be set. So yeah they are button mashers. An average player can be beaten by a beginner.
There are cheats in some fighter games like Mortal Kombat where you only have to hit your opponent once and knocks off their life bar. Helps you beat the game if you found it hard to finish the game on higher difficulty settings.
I would say i am crap at fighting games and I just use the same moves over and over to win.

Rock_on_2008 said:
You can win in some of the fighting games by just repeating the same move over and over. Just using the punch or kick button and blocking your opponent is an easy way to win without much effort against the computer In fighting games if you memorise a few combos you should be set. So yeah they are button mashers. An average player can be beaten by a beginner.

thats only work aginst u.

BRAWL!! im awesome not counting lag!

Nintendo Fan Girl said:

BRAWL!! im awesome not counting lag!

whos the best character for u ??