By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

@all: I think mrstickball was talking about a "definitive" bundles, not an "optional" ones.

I personaly don't see Nintendo dropping Wii Sports. It's already been paid for, so they can drop the price regardless whenever they so wish. And why not entice customers with it, then? Maybe they'll start "officially sanctioning" bundles with a game beyond Wii Sports (it's not as if stores don't do that already), adding some pretty box art and all. But let's not forget that to drop Wii Sports from the bundle they'd have to start selling it separately, right when its perceived value got lower. I just don't see them doing that.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.
Around the Network

Forza 2 ISNT an "Optional" Bundle.

Its listed ON the casing, comes IN the box with the 360, it is bundled.

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: QuantumTarntno

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play

I should mention that WiiPlay (in Australia) is now coming with a free Nunchuck. I don't think its an official improvement to the default pack, but its a great little addition.

$85AU - WiiPlay, Wiimote & Nunchuck.

(WiiPlay normally retails for about $79).

Also, the default Wii package now comes with Mario Strikers:

Wii pack (Wii, WiiSports, Wiimote, Nunchuck, etc..) + Mario Strikers for $429.

(Wii's now retail for about $389...).

Strikers costs $99 at EB, and $79 at Toys R Us.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Quantumn - in what country? I know in Austrailia, they are, but Im talking about a major shift in the US, PAL or Japan regions, and not a smaller region.

I wouldn't be surpised if they did bundle SMG in smaller countries, but to pack in SMG like in the US, UK or Japan would be crazy, as it's really not needed. Why give 5m copies of SMG away when you can easily sell that many?

Look at Mario Party 8 - people ARE willing to buy many many hundreds of thousands of copies of Wii games in a week - why pack in your most sellable title in the biggest market for software sales (US)?

Also, Im talking about a definitive title, not an optional one. We see companies like MS, and maybe even Sony throw a game in here and there. For the 360, I've seen plenty of Call of Duty 2, Burnout Revenge, and NFS:MW bundles, but they're just pack-ins from that store. Im reffering to Nintendo shipping 100% of its copies with a given game.

IMO, the Wii Sports pack in is the most brilliant, well thought out move, and I think packing SMG is taking a step back, honestly. SNES pushed SMW because they were behind Sega, and needed a quick kill. Nintendo is pushing proprietary motion sensing control, and Blue Ocean. Blue ocean works when your packing titles that aren't standard fare - Zelda, Mario, Donkey Kong, Pokemon. I see a day when Wii is bundled with Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Health, and such. Heck, if they included a ton of minigame titles like that, I'd have no choice but to buy one too. And ultimately, such minor titles being bundled works - it costs Nintendo pennies on the dollar to push last-gen (graphically) games that will cater to Nintendos new userbase (its a new user base, trust me. See MP8, WW:SM, WiiSports and WiiPlay. The mini/casual games are selling in droves), but in the end, is what the Wii, by many, will be purchased for.

Nintendo packed in Super Mario/Duck Hunt. Did that hurt Super Mario 3 or Legend of Zelda, preventing them from selling? No. Nintendo packed SM1/DH to push the NES proprietary technology vs. the Atari, and it worked. Wii Sports will, and will continue, to drive system sales for 2 more years, not SMG. SMG won't sell systems like Wii Sports or Wii Play will. After all, Super Mario Sunshine moved very few GCs, and by now, the major bit of Wii addopters dont know or care of Mario as much as the other titles the Wii can and will offer.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

My friend was at a bargain place and saw an opened copy of Wii Play (complete box with remote) for $10, so I had him get it and it works great. :)

I was gonna wait to see what Logitech was going to do with their announced Wii accessories, but I just couldn't pass on such a deal.

By the way, I think another great pack-in game would be doing a "New Super Mario World" project for Wii. :)

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Around the Network
Quantum-Tarantino said:
Forza 2 ISNT an "Optional" Bundle.

Its listed ON the casing, comes IN the box with the 360, it is bundled.

Yet you can still purchase a 360 without Forza, and you just can't buy a Wii without Wii Sports in most of the world. That's what I meant with "definitive" (and my guess is mrstickball too): 100% of all units shipped some where coming with the game, either built-in or packed-in.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.
cebrian said:

Although i would like to see it stop being a pack in game so they would start selling it, because my disc got scratched and is unreadable :S

helpful hint, call nintendo they sell replacement wii sports disc for $15 plus 5 shipping don't go paying the 50 or so they cost on ebay

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it would be perfect if Wii Sports 2 was winter sports. They could then replace the current Wii Sports next holiday season.

when your gadget's still selling like hot cakes, there's absolutely nothing that you should change about it.

will be cool if after metroid gets relesed they make the pack game metriod.

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"