By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Pack in Game

When nintendo changes the pack in game for the wii, what will the pack in be?

I have a gut feeling we will see a Wii Galaxy bundle this winter, with a space black Wii

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: QuantumTarntno

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play

Around the Network

they could pack in two games as they did in nes days (duck hunt plus mario bros), what about Mario Galaxy and Wii sports for 250, and just wii sports for 220. That way you could get mario galaxy for only 30 more dollars, and Wii sports is the ultimate pack in to the console and should be left there with all consoles (its a viral marketing game after all).

Although i would like to see it stop being a pack in game so they would start selling it, because my disc got scratched and is unreadable :S

I liked the idea someone had a few days ago of Wii Sports bundle being $220-ish with the Mario Galaxy bundle being $250. That way it's not the Wii that decreased in value, it's Wii Sports.

cebrian said:

Although i would like to see it stop being a pack in game so they would start selling it, because my disc got scratched and is unreadable :S

You can probably find one on ebay.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Doubtful they'd pack a top-tier game in. It's been since SMB1/DH that a company ever packed in a major title as a standard, definitive bundle.

IMO, Wii Play/Wii Sports and maybe a future Wii title (Wii Health, Brain Training: Wii Degree), or some other sub-$50 game is more likely.

If SMG ever came, it'd probably be a loooong time in the future. Nintendo wants to SELL millions of copies of SMG, not GIVE - a game like that costs too much to do something like that unless its 1-2 years after the games been released (ala Forza 1 for Xbox).

In other news, I'll get to play a Wii in a few weeks soon (my g/fs niece) got a Wii. Im excited to play Wii Sports, and hopefully Wii play.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Wasn't Super Mario World a SNES pack-in?

Entroper said:
Wasn't Super Mario World a SNES pack-in?

Drats, you beat me to it.  I agree with stickball, if they change the pack in (instead of just dropping Wii sports and cutting the price to $200) it'll probably be to something like Wii Music or Wii Sports 2 or Wii Motorsports.  It would be cool if they added a huge game like SMG again but they need it to push sales so why do it?  They will sell out of all the Wiis they can ship this Christmas so it would be throwing the profits SMG would generate on its own down the drain. 

mrstickball said:
Doubtful they'd pack a top-tier game in. It's been since SMB1/DH that a company ever packed in a major title as a standard, definitive bundle.

Right now, Forza 2 is bundled with the 360 Premium.

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: QuantumTarntno

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play

I should mention that I don't expect them to change the Wii bundle until after Christmas when sales of the console and Super Mario Galaxy have slowed down. But still, if they didn't want to do Super Mario Galaxy or wanted to change the bundle before Christmas, Super Paper Mario would be another great choice as would Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree.

The reason a game like Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree would work (just like games like Wii Sports and wii Play works) is that it's a multiplayer game and makes people buy more accessories which is where consoles traditionally make their money (just like how movie theaters don't make anything off ticket sales and make all thier money from refreshments--ever wonder why they're so annoying about combo upgrades?).

I doubt highly that if they do change the pack-in title it would be anything like Mario. That is, unless they did multiple versions of console bundles.

Wii is going in a different direction; I.E. the whole blue ocean strategy that most of us are familar with here on the boards. Thus, Mario isn't going to be a title geared towards getting new blue oceans...it is essentially a shoe in title for established "hardcore" gamers.

All you tough guys who like your blood and guts, don't go getting your panties in a twist now. I refer to hardcore in the sense of a non-casual gamer; Of which we understand the blue ocean's to be of.

So I see more Wii-(enter the rest of the generic title here) games to help draw in casual gamers.

Nintendo isn't skirting for the established markets with the Wii. They are simply attempting to please the establishment as they always have, while marketing to new a new share of the market.

"There are three types of lies : Lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli ( Made famous by Mark Twain )

PSN ID: DeviantPathways

Wii Number: 0081 3044 1559 2355