By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What made you buy your PS3?

All consoles I've ever purchased without regret are playstation something. Sony has served me well. Its just like my sig says.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

love the way Sony fanboys overpredict hardware shipments
i mean 20 million by end of year is a joke, more like 16

SSBB Code: 5327-2374-8112

MKWii Code : 3780-9266-6102

CoD WaW Code: 1376-1190-5157

overabundance of cash

I had been toying with the idea for a while, I am a video nut so wanted Blu-Ray and hit my mid life crisis and wanted to re-live my youth.

Then when having yet another look at ebay I saw a 60GB PAL unit selling at a buy it now figure below that of a 40GB so snapped it up before anyone else did. So basically I saw a bargin and took it.

My Son has loads of Ps2 games which look awful on the 50" tv but great with PS3 upscaling so would only contemplate one with BC.

The PS3 is fun but the kids prefer the Wii with its controls.

Re-reads the original post. WTF?

Anyway, Solid Snake's moustache was irresistible.

Around the Network

MGS 4 and it breaks alot less. (360 had rrod twice (Sept 07, March 08) then the lights just wouldnt turn on (July 08), i dont want to pay over $100 for MS to fix it)

I bought it because of the PS3 MGS4 bundle

gran turismo and metal gear.

MGS4, third party exclusives and First party games.(like team ICO Games). There was also the blu Ray factor since my arents wanted a Blu ray player anyway.

Nothing yet

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks