By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What made you buy your PS3?

Not to be a bigot, but I thought Sony doomed themselves when they 600$. What made you shell out the dough?

Graphics? Games? History with Sony? What made you do it?

Around the Network

What made you make another fricking thread? Why don't you just make a few a day and let everyone else's topics have a chance to survive before you bump them off the front page? Stop being so selfish.

Sony's first party was the big thing, though my assumption that the ps3 would receive lots of 3rd party love was a factor as well. Oh, and MGS. :P

So far, Sony is delivering on the first part (and in some rather unexpected ways. Who knew that Killzone 2 would end up in the position it's currently in? Granted, it's not out yet, but it's looking awesome so far), and the third party support is there, for the most part, just in the form of multiplats now.

Games, Sony, features, and the lesser of three evils. I do not want to be one of my friends who buy a Wii (with an excuse to exercise) and never use it, so it couldn't be the Wii. As a hardware engineer, I find the plagued 360 impossible to love. So all that was left was the PS3.

"What I'd thought I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes..."
~ J.D. Salinger, "Catcher in the Rye"

A deal at walmart which gave me the option of picking 10 free blu-ray movies with the purchase of a ps3. i also cashed in on the 5 free blu-ray movies through a mail in rebate from the purchase which gave me 15 free blu-ray movies with my purchase.

the week after, i returned some of the unopened movies to various walmarts for gift cards.

Proud Owner of all 3 current-gen systems

Currently Playing:
SSBB, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, MKWii, GTA IV (360), MGS4, DQIV, Jeanne d'Arc, FFVII: Crisis Core, Chrono Trigger (PSX)

Mario Kart FC: 4897-6731-4375
SSBB FC: 1504-5406-8515
Wii Friends Code: 1020-2726-1535-3964

XBL:
PhatLaosBoi
PSN: PhatLaosBoi

Around the Network

Final Fantasy and Blu-ray

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted and Resistance (I bought mine in November last year).

Games.

Don't care for media center features, BR I doubt i'll get much use out of right now, probably won't use it much till BR becomes more dominant over DVD at which point BR drives would be cheaper anyway.

Cuz I like to play games and was quite satified with my PS2 so it seemed like a good investment, and along with the wii it has been good. :) The Blue ray was a plus.

PSWii60 owner! woot

Get your Portable ID!

MGS4.............. saw the review on ign, jumped into my car, and then bought the bundle 10 minutes later