By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What made you buy your PS3?

Ironically my faulty 360 which I swaped for a PS3.

Around the Network
Videogirl said:
Ironically my faulty 360 which I swaped for a PS3.

that was my second reason

I had a lot of reasons, bliu-ray player, wi-fi built in, insomniac and naughty dogs current and future exclusives, web browser, ability to upgrade hard drives without voiding warranty, and no red ring of death

saab said:
I had a lot of reasons, bliu-ray player, wi-fi built in, insomniac and naughty dogs current and future exclusives, web browser, ability to upgrade hard drives without voiding warranty, and no red ring of death

when I brought m ps3, i didnt know about that stuff...hell I didnt even know what blu-ray was, its just that I like the games

MGS4, now that I am done with MGS4 I have contemplated selling it.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

Around the Network
jerseyboy609 said:
saab said:

when I brought m ps3, i didnt know about that stuff...hell I didnt even know what blu-ray was, its just that I like the games

yeah, my brother bought one before me, so it's like I got a free risk free test drive of the console, I'd say if I had to pick the single biggest selling point, it would have to be the upgradeable hard drive, I put in a western digital 320gb hard drive, my entire cd collection is on my ps3 now

I'm not sure? I know I just really needed to have one

SONY, The PS1, The PS2, the blu-ray, being the most powerfull hard drive, the web browser and the wireless conection.

Besides, having: the Metal gear, Final Fantasys, God of War, Gran Turismo, Team Ico's next game (whatever it is).

And last but not least, duarbility and loyalty for the consumers, PS1 outlasted the N64 and Saturn, PS2 is still outlasting xbox and gamecube for more than two years, and Ibet that the PS3 will outlast 360 (thats for sure since its going to die in two or three years tops) and the Wii.

End of Year prediction:

wii: 37 m

360: 24 m

PS3: 20 m

All the cool people had one. I'm a sucker for peer pressure. Seriously though just the games and to play online with my friends.

Consoles owned: 80GB PS3 w/bc, PS3 Slim 120gb
PSN: Yubitme