By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Most pathetic sales predictions you have heard?

TheRealMafoo said:
sc94597 said:
shanbcn said:
100 million for PS3 is almost confirmed, but will it do PS2 like numbers?

Please tell me your logic. Also tell me what you expect wii sales to be.

Until these deviate, I would say his logic is.. umm... sales? (looks like that will probably happen in a few months)

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=PS2&reg1=All&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=X360&reg3=All&weeks=100

In a few months??

PS: After so much time in this forum, haven't you yet learned the problem with that graph?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
shanbcn said:

PS2 is at 130 million at the moment and is still selling so it will do 150 million. I don't think PS3 can reach this number.

Ok, now THAT is a crazy prediction. The PS2 will not sell another 20 million.

greenberg comparing 360's success to PS2.....dats jus sad

GTAIV kill the Wii
MGS4 start teh DOMINATION
PS3 outsell the PS2

PS3/Wii ones are getting old. Someone say a bad 360 one... there has yet to be one.

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:

This graph created by a paid analyst is always worth a laugh.

Wait, in 2011, the 306 sales go down? Or am I seeing things?

NJ5 said:
TheRealMafoo said:
sc94597 said:
shanbcn said:
100 million for PS3 is almost confirmed, but will it do PS2 like numbers?

Please tell me your logic. Also tell me what you expect wii sales to be.

Until these deviate, I would say his logic is.. umm... sales? (looks like that will probably happen in a few months)

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=PS2&reg1=All&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=X360&reg3=All&weeks=100

In a few months??

PS: After so much time in this forum, haven't you yet learned the problem with that graph?

The problem with that graph is launches... that's past, and the PS3 is on par month to month with the PS2. Plus, the PS3 only need to sell 70% of what the PS2 sold to reach 100m.

I don't think it will happen, but I also don't think it's a crazy prediction.

Only one problem with that setup, Mafoo: you selected All, meaning that the PS2's Japanese exclusivity during its first 7 1/2 months skews its actual sales versus that of the PS3 (which had a simultaneous launch in the US and Japan, and a 5 month delay before its European launch). Try comparing region-by-region, and you'll get a better picture.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Didn't a certain JohnLucas say 60m Wiis by the end of '08?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

"PS2 is at 130 million at the moment and is still selling so it will do 150 million. I don't think PS3 can reach this number."

Yes, the PS2 is still selling, but is the console with the lowest numbers every month now. It will not sell another 3 million dude.

Why don't you use some logic and some math, instead of just guessing or wishing?