By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Most pathetic sales predictions you have heard?

sc94597 said:
Captian_Twig said:
sc94597 said:
Gamer4life said:

Another SONY fanboy prediction is GT5 selling 10million, PS3 will overtake 360 this year, MGS4 will increase sales of 30k and sustain that level for Ps3 HW, PS3 will outsell 360 in NA, LPB will have 6 million sales(I have seen more), PS3 is selling as well as PS2

The bolded is actually possible. Actually its highly likely.

It is? HUH? I've never heard of GT1, 2, 3, 4 until this year. Maybe because I live in a hole guarded by Miyamoto, Iwata, Mario, and Link and am not allowed to bring in a console that isn't made by Nintendo.

Just look at the sales of the previous games.

I would personally say that it was possible but not likely at the moment ...

Gran Turismo 3 had a lot of things going for it, like it was the first "next generation" racing game released on a platform that sold over 100 Million systems and the game ended up being heavily bundled.

Around the Network
shanbcn said:
100 million for PS3 is almost confirmed, but will it do PS2 like numbers?

Please tell me your logic. Also tell me what you expect wii sales to be.

Fernando said:
Also: MGS4 will sell more than Mario Kart Wii.

Epic Fail Guy approved!

If I remember correctly there was someone that in one WiiFit thread predicted that that game would be a flop.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

There are some pretty pathetic sales predictions, but even worse than that is when people don't learn from their wrong predictions, and keep doing similar ones.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
largedarryl said:
shanbcn said:

If PS3 sells 100 million, I would be willing to say it did almost PS2 like numbers.

I doubt PS3 will do 100 million.

Of course GTA4 will sell >10million and not be strange.

The craziest prediction I've heard is the Wii selling 500 million, wtf? I like my Wii, but wtf!!!

PS2 is at 130 million at the moment and is still selling so it will do 150 million. I don't think PS3 can reach this number.

Halo will be the best game ever

shanbcn said:

this one lol jk

jerseyboy609 said:
Halo will be the best game ever

thats the worst one I heard

sc94597 said:
shanbcn said:

Please tell me your logic. Also tell me what you expect wii sales to be.

Until these deviate, I would say his logic is.. umm... sales? (looks like that will probably happen in a few months)

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=PS2&reg1=All&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=X360&reg3=All&weeks=100