By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console has the most diversity in quality titles?

waron said:

god this thread is ridiculous.
"That is actually quite funny, there are about 90 games on 360 which score 80 or more on metacritic. I think that there are a bit more genres there than those "shooters,racers,sports,fighting,strategy,wrpg and rhythm games". But of course,you can't be bothered to take a look. You just go on with your fanboy rants. I understand that it is much easier to check wii games (20 or something) than 360.."

so please tell me how many of this games is on another platform(especially when games were released on past gens and x360 in the same time)? oh and i took a look at metacritic when i was writing my words.

"Well, I did that. Picked up 80+ games on metacritic and removed shooters,sports games and racing games. (Can't be sure about all of them, but this should be close enough to prove a point):

1 Grand Theft Auto IV - tps
2 Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, The - port from pc
3 Rock Band
4 Guitar Hero II
5 Mass Effect
6 Rez HD - live game
7 Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - port game from psx or ps2 i don't remember
8 Burnout Revenge - racing game
9 Virtua Fighter 5
10 Ikaruga - port from dreamcast
11 Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords - live game
12 Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles, The - add-on
13 Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved - live game
14 Elder Scrolls IV: Knights of the Nine, The - add-on
15 Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
16 Dead or Alive 4
17 Dead Rising
18 Bomberman Live - live game
19 Viva Pinata
20 Devil May Cry 4
21 Civilization Revolution
22 Pac-Man Championship Edition - live game
23 N+ - live game
24 Crackdown
25 Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix - live game and another remake of super puzzle fighter
26 Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
27 Hitman: Blood Money - tps
28 Prince of Persia Classic - port from pc/nes
29 Football Manager
30 Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars
31 Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - port from genesis
32 Condemned: Criminal Origins - shooter
33 Football Manager 2006
34 Assassin's Creed - tps
35 Saints Row - tps
36 LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy
37 Ninja Gaiden II
38 Soulcalibur - port from dreamcast
39 Uno - live game
40 Roogoo - live game
41 Poker Smash - live game
42 Condemned 2: Bloodshot - shooter
43 Catan - live game
44 WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2007
45 Cloning Clyde - live game
46 Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
47 Bully: Scholarship Edition - port from ps2
48 Tomb Raider: Legend
49 Peter Jackson's King Kong
50 LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga - oh so you listed the same game twice great. original trilogy is part of complete saga.

Do the same for the wii and remove platformers, adventure games and shooters. Which one had the sparse lineup again?"

do you really want me to crush you with wiiware/VC games and ps2/gc/psp ports?

"Lets see :

Super Mario Galaxy..........Ratchet and Clank R&C is not even a platformer, but action game with some platform elements.

The Legend of Zelda ........Uncharted Drakes Fortune ,Metal Gear Solid 4 yeah really a tps game and stealth game are really similar to zelda

Super Smash Bros .............Virtua Fighter 5,Tekken DR ,Dragonball Z Burst Limit

Metroid Prime 3..................COD 4 ,Resistence ,Army of Two,Unreal III,Battlefield Bad Company

Mario Strikers Charged...............Fifa 08 ,PES2008 - which better version is on the wii

Fire Emblem............................Oblivion yeah let's compare srpg to western rpg

Batallion Wars........................Civilization Revolution

Mario Kart..............................Burnout Paradise ,Motorstorm ,Colin Mc Rae Dirt ,Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Now tell me the Wii has more diversity that the PS3.Take in count Eco Chrome ,Warhawk ,Heavenly Sword ,Devil May Cry 4,Time Crisis 4 ,GTA IV ,Eye of Judgement ,Buzz the MegaQuiz ,Singstar.

The Wii has the worst lineup by miles."
did you even read what you've written? i won't even try to correct rest of this.

this thread is so pathetic and full of ps360 fanboys who are trying to tell wii/ds owners that only ps360 have good games - and we all know it's not true.

do you really want me to crush you with wiiware/VC games and ps2/gc/psp ports?

you talk pretty big, so do it.

and wth is with this?

this thread is so pathetic and full of ps360 fanboys who are trying to tell wii/ds owners that only ps360 have good games - and we all know it's not true.

we haven't said all DS games suck, but just that (in our opinions, mind you) that the 360 and ps3 have a better range of genres. (I don't even think that, as I believe the ps3 is not nearly as good as the 360, but getting there)

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

Diversity you say?!

If we're counting all of the 7th generation, then I'd say DS by a mile...

If we're just going by consoles (without the BC loop-holes), then I'd have to say 360 takes the cake. (nom nom nom etc.)

beat me to the punch lol

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

If you like the imagine series

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

waron said:
tombi123 said:
@Starcraft

PS3 BC is better than Wii BC. There are more PS1 and PS2 games, then there are GameCube games + games available on the VC. Plus if I want to play my Genesis copy of Sonic, on my BC Wii, I have to re-buy it off of the VC.

The OP clearly says which current generation home console has the most diverse library of quality games. That is clearly a BC PS3.

yeah so let's play our ps2 games on our 40gb consoles. you forgot to mention that only 60 and 80 can emulate(which is NOT A BC) ps2 games and those are about 30% of all ps3s on the market so no you can't say that ps3 is beter cause it can play ps2 games when most of us can't do this.
only wii has true BC. and is able to emulate past nintendo, sega etc. consoles. so yeah

wii>ds>psp>360/ps3

"I love when you put some games in genres, like assassins creed and condemned. :) Funny thing is that you are the same guy who says paper mario is a rpg and not a platformer..."

oh yeah cause run n gun in uncharted for 80% of time mean it's an adventure game. assasins creed, gta games, saints row and whole sandbox games are tps cause 90% of things you do is running and shooting things/people with some driving/riding furly creatures parts.

Did he just say assassins creed was a third person shooter?

Around the Network
Strategyking92 said:
waron said:
tombi123 said:
@Starcraft

PS3 BC is better than Wii BC. There are more PS1 and PS2 games, then there are GameCube games + games available on the VC. Plus if I want to play my Genesis copy of Sonic, on my BC Wii, I have to re-buy it off of the VC.

The OP clearly says which current generation home console has the most diverse library of quality games. That is clearly a BC PS3.

yeah so let's play our ps2 games on our 40gb consoles. you forgot to mention that only 60 and 80 can emulate(which is NOT A BC) ps2 games and those are about 30% of all ps3s on the market so no you can't say that ps3 is beter cause it can play ps2 games when most of us can't do this.
only wii has true BC. and is able to emulate past nintendo, sega etc. consoles. so yeah

wii>ds>psp>360/ps3

"I love when you put some games in genres, like assassins creed and condemned. :) Funny thing is that you are the same guy who says paper mario is a rpg and not a platformer..."

oh yeah cause run n gun in uncharted for 80% of time mean it's an adventure game. assasins creed, gta games, saints row and whole sandbox games are tps cause 90% of things you do is running and shooting things/people with some driving/riding furly creatures parts.

Did he just say assassins creed was a third person shooter?

Well....you do throw knives right?

Okay I'm assuming were not counting BC so DS wins but 360 wins for consoles...

Former something....

Let's just make it simple. I'm going to point out that the longer the system has been out, the more diverse it is. So the Wii is the least diverse of the 5 current gen consoles, and the DS is the most diverse.

"Which console has the most diversity in quality titles?"

the title of the thread says it all!

Strategyking92 said:
If you like the imagine series

Gah! Sucker punch right to the gut I say! I now challenge you to a duel of fisticuffs, may the best fisticuffer win.

*fisticuffs commence*

Kurakasa said:
waron said:

god this thread is ridiculous.

so please tell me how many of this games is on another platform(especially when games were released on past gens and x360 in the same time)? oh and i took a look at metacritic when i was writing my words

As I said, I don't know all the games. That post to someone who said 360:s library is sparse if you remove shooters/racers/sports games. But what is the point complaining about some game that is multiplatform? They DO contribute to the consoles library. Oh and sure, there are wiiware games listed on metacritic. Not too many of them scoring 80+, of course. ;)

edit:

I love when you put some games in genres, like assassins creed and condemned. :) Funny thing is that you are the same guy who says paper mario is a rpg and not a platformer...

First off, show me 1 place where I ever claimed that Super Paper Mario was an RPG!

Secondly, I have noticed that every time that someone lists a game for the Wii that is available for another platform in these kinds of discussions it is immediately eliminated because it is a port; at the same time every game that appears on the PC and another HD console is included no matter what. When it comes right down to it, the HD console owners tend to play with the rules to put the Wii at a disadvantage to prove their superiority ...

Beyond that, I think it is foolish and unreasonable to set an arbitrary score on gamerankings or metacritic to determine what is meant by quality titles (in particular when we're talking about the diversity of a library). I have yet to meet someone who would argue that a score for a party game (or games designed to appeal to new gamers) is equal to a first person shooter with the same score. To put it another way, few people would argue that a game like Lair or Haze which received scores in the 60% range were quality titles but many people would argue that a game like Mario Party (which also received scores in the 60% range) is a quality title.