By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console has the most diversity in quality titles?

waron said:

god this thread is ridiculous.

so please tell me how many of this games is on another platform(especially when games were released on past gens and x360 in the same time)? oh and i took a look at metacritic when i was writing my words

this thread is so pathetic and full of ps360 fanboys who are trying to tell wii/ds owners that only ps360 have good games - and we all know it's not true.

As I said, I don't know all the games. That post to someone who said 360:s library is sparse if you remove shooters/racers/sports games. But what is the point complaining about some game that is multiplatform? They DO contribute to the consoles library. Oh and sure, there are wiiware games listed on metacritic. Not too many of them scoring 80+, of course. ;)

edit:

I love when you put some games in genres, like assassins creed and condemned. :) Funny thing is that you are the same guy who says paper mario is a rpg and not a platformer...

Around the Network

@Starcraft

PS3 BC is better than Wii BC. There are more PS1 and PS2 games, then there are GameCube games + games available on the VC. Plus if I want to play my Genesis copy of Sonic, on my BC Wii, I have to re-buy it off of the VC.

The OP clearly says which current generation home console has the most diverse library of quality games. That is clearly a BC PS3.

BengaBenga said:
Andir said:
Will one of the mods please explain to me why starcraft isn't banned yet? I mean seriously: He starts these threads trying to stir up people on all sides of the console battle, ignores what he wants and comes up with the same conclusion he already decided he was going to come up with when the thread started. It's blatant trolling. He ignores the fact that the PS3 20/60/80(for the most part) play every previous game in the PS library, but he claims they don't count because it doesn't match his favored system. He ignores the fact that the PC CAN be a home console if you just plug the stupid thing into your TV. He also constantly starts threads like this. He continues to incite these threads which I'm sure have already been discussed many many times (likely by starcraft himself) and somehow you let him continue?

I'm sure it's the page hits that ioi wants you to keep coming in though. Gotta keep that ad revenue streaming!

Can you explain to me why you are complaining, but haven't reported anything?

If you disagree with a post you can report it.

Fine, consider it reported.  Or would you rather have me scroll to the first page and report it?

And I'm posting to this in response to a moderator in retrospect to the warning I was given to leave since I was asked a question by other mods.  Figure that one out.

To answer Sqrl.  I feel this is blatant trolling.  He started off asking a question, while holding and declaring alternative intentions under his cuff in order to "stir up a pot".  It would be like me asking if you liked having happy babies while not telling you my motivation for selling stem cell research and abortion to get rid of defects in unborn children until I had baited you into conversation.  (Baiting/Trolling.)  If he had laid out his intentions in the first post instead of hiding behind false pretenses of actual concern then you might have a point.  Conversly though, he asked a baited question in order to obtain the response he wished to sell.  There is/was no point to this thread but to fluff his ideas onto the forum.  If he truly did think that his favored system was the winner, why even post?

To Montana: It is offensive to me.  He has an alterior motive behind it and he asked a loaded question in order to promote himself and admonish anyone that supported a particular brand.  I think it's pretty clear why he made this thread.  There was ill intent in his post and pretty much every post he makes.  It's prety clear to me that he wishes to promote anti-Playstation propoganda whenever and every time he posts.  I don't understand why the mods don't see this as well.

Consider myself done in this thread.  If you wish to discuss this further, PM me.

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

Andir said:
BengaBenga said:
Andir said:
Will one of the mods please explain to me why starcraft isn't banned yet? I mean seriously: He starts these threads trying to stir up people on all sides of the console battle, ignores what he wants and comes up with the same conclusion he already decided he was going to come up with when the thread started. It's blatant trolling. He ignores the fact that the PS3 20/60/80(for the most part) play every previous game in the PS library, but he claims they don't count because it doesn't match his favored system. He ignores the fact that the PC CAN be a home console if you just plug the stupid thing into your TV. He also constantly starts threads like this. He continues to incite these threads which I'm sure have already been discussed many many times (likely by starcraft himself) and somehow you let him continue?

I'm sure it's the page hits that ioi wants you to keep coming in though. Gotta keep that ad revenue streaming!

Can you explain to me why you are complaining, but haven't reported anything?

If you disagree with a post you can report it.

To answer Sqrl. I feel this is blatant trolling. He started off asking a question, while holding and declaring alternative intentions under his cuff in order to "stir up a pot". It would be like me asking if you liked having happy babies while not telling you my motivation for selling stem cell research and abortion to get rid of defects in unborn children until I had baited you into conversation. (Baiting/Trolling.) If he had laid out his intentions in the first post instead of hiding behind false pretenses of actual concern then you might have a point. Conversly though, he asked a baited question in order to obtain the response he wished to sell. There is/was no point to this thread but to fluff his ideas onto the forum. If he truly did think that his favored system was the winner, why even post?

Consider myself done in this thread.  If you wish to discuss this further, PM me.

So because YOU felt he was trolling you think you were entitled to go off-topic and to confront him on your own instead of using the report system?

So because YOU felt he was trolling you decided to take a shot at the moderators, moderators who thanks to your lack of a report were not informed of the problem you percieved. And yet you somehow still felt justified in insulting us?

Apparently my original post wasn't clear enough so let me make it clear. This is not up for debate, three moderators have seperately come to the same conclusion in this matter. The issue has been dealt with and you need to accept that and move on. I hope for your sake that you were serious about your final note in your post.

To Each Man, Responsibility

@ Andir
You are really paranoid....

Even more than me, whoa

flames_of - "I think you're confusing Bush with Chuck Norris."

Wii: 80-85 Million end of 2009 (1.1.09)

Around the Network
tombi123 said:
@Starcraft

PS3 BC is better than Wii BC. There are more PS1 and PS2 games, then there are GameCube games + games available on the VC. Plus if I want to play my Genesis copy of Sonic, on my BC Wii, I have to re-buy it off of the VC.

The OP clearly says which current generation home console has the most diverse library of quality games. That is clearly a BC PS3.

I agree, as do most in this thread. So it's concluded.

Current Gen Console: BC PS3

Handheld: DS

Overall: PC

Thanks everyone for your input. We can all leave this thread now knowing a little more then when we entered it :)

flames_of said:
@ Andir
You are really paranoid....

Even more than me, whoa

Off-Topic and frankly flamebait.  We don't need other members to chime in on these issues, if you can't stay on topic then stay out of the thread.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Wouldn't it be better to judge exclusive games only?

tombi123 said:
@Starcraft

yeah so let's play our ps2 games on our 40gb consoles. you forgot to mention that only 60 and 80 can emulate(which is NOT A BC) ps2 games and those are about 30% of all ps3s on the market so no you can't say that ps3 is beter cause it can play ps2 games when most of us can't do this.
only wii has true BC. and is able to emulate past nintendo, sega etc. consoles. so yeah

wii>ds>psp>360/ps3

"I love when you put some games in genres, like assassins creed and condemned. :) Funny thing is that you are the same guy who says paper mario is a rpg and not a platformer..."

oh yeah cause run n gun in uncharted for 80% of time mean it's an adventure game. assasins creed, gta games, saints row and whole sandbox games are tps cause 90% of things you do is running and shooting things/people with some driving/riding furly creatures parts.

Ok, lets imagine for a second that BC mattered. In case you didn't know, the 80gig PS3 can only play 80% of PS2 games, because it is only a PS2 emulator; it lacks the PS2 processing chip that the 60gig has. The 60gig doesn't not exist anymore and therefore does not count. Even the people that did manage to buy one are too small a consumer number to be considered.

Last generation titles did not count either way as far as I know.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad