By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IMO everyone needs a Wii and a PS3 or a Wii and a Xbox 360

Na i think i will pass, the only time i will have a Wii is generations end, when they are no longer cool and are worth like 10pence

Around the Network

I object this idea. I had a Wii I sold it within a month I had SMG passed it in couple of days, got all 242 stars. The Wii was the worst console purchase I have ever made in my life. Wii Sports was awful game, it held my attention for a total of 2 hours before I could not stand it anymore. The motion control just put me off completely.

I would say a PS3 and a 360 would be the best combination. No Wii for me.

Gilgamesh said:

It seems like the perfect mixture, you have the Wii which is fun and entertaining to have when you have guest or a group of people over your house to play, and then when you want to play alone and get right into a hardcore game it's either a PS3 or Xbox 360.

It's like you need both Wii and PS3 or Wii and Xbox 360

Anyone else think the same?

The only games I have played local multiplayer on for a decent length of time with my Wii have been Wii Sports and Wii Play.

I have also played multiplayer with Excite truck, SSX Blur and Mario Kart, but not for very long at all (maybe an hour each for the first two and 2 hours of MK)

Rock_on_2008 said:
I object this idea. I had a Wii I sold it within a month I had SMG passed it in couple of days, got all 242 stars. The Wii was the worst console purchase I have ever made in my life. Wii Sports was awful game, it held my attention for a total of 2 hours before I could not stand it anymore. The motion control just put me off completely.

That is just laughable.

Presumably you found the game so exciting you didn't sleep for 2 days.

TWRoO said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

That is just laughable.

Presumably you found the game so exciting you didn't sleep for 2 days.

I beat most games in one sitting regardless how long it takes. The length of the game was annoying and yeah I had a guide which I printed off for assistance to help get all the stars.

Around the Network

Is there anyone who actually likes playing the Wii for a long perod of time and doesn't want either the PS3 or Xbox 360?  because reading through this thread there seem's to be not to many people that play the Wii like people would with a PS3 or an Xbox 360

I'm more than happy with my Wii and DS.

The only game that Id like to have and was not available on Wii is the A.Creed, but no big deal...

It will take a long way for Sony and MSoft to convince me to buy their future consoles. They feel like PCs in Gaming-Console costumes.

Master Mii Artisan 

Gilgamesh said:

It seems like the perfect mixture, you have the Wii which is fun and entertaining to have when you have guest or a group of people over your house to play, and then when you want to play alone and get right into a hardcore game it's either a PS3 or Xbox 360.

It's like you need both Wii and PS3 or Wii and Xbox 360

Anyone else think the same?

Actually i agree with u i also think that wii is the first choice for everyone but i think that people also whant a console that can play movies and hard core games.

For me it's
360/PS3: singleplayer + multiplayer
Wii: local multiplayer only
Also my friends just like FPS and sports games, so I have no need for a Wii.

Wii is enough for me, accompanied with the DS for travels.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.