Forums - Sony Discussion - Offical Vgchartz PS3 trophy league

I just checked those LBP trophies.

Fuck you Sony for making me wait >:(.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Around the Network

The trophy list for Bioshock is out too:
http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/bioshock/trophies/

There will be a total of 54 trophies: 48 bronze, 2 silver, 3 gold, and 1 platinum.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

Some of the LBP trophies are really weak. "Post a comment", "Place a sticker", "Give sackboy a costume" and several others. These things should not be trophies. There's no point in a trophy that everyone can get with no effort whatsoever.

They seem to be using the trophy system instead to encourage people to get involved in the online community. The same with Warhawk although that's to a much lesser extent. I hope Resistance 2 doesn't go that way.

Edit: By Warhawk I mean trophies like "Host a game", "Make a clan" etc.

Redcoat222 said:

Some of the LBP trophies are really weak. "Post a comment", "Place a sticker", "Give sackboy a costume" and several others. These things should not be trophies. There's no point in a trophy that everyone can get with no effort whatsoever.

They seem to be using the trophy system instead to encourage people to get involved in the online community. The same with Warhawk although that's to a much lesser extent. I hope Resistance 2 doesn't go that way.

I half-way agree. If it's just "post a comment" you can say hi to someone and get a trophy. It should be like "Post 50 comments" (and if you spam then admin would delete the comments) that way it forces you to be more involved with the community and it isn't unbearable and tedious to get and it still requires some sort of patience and time. But if it's just one comment then people will say hi like I said and not use it after they get their trophy. Not much interaction and too easy to aquire which isn't the point of trophies.

LOL MATURE said:
Redcoat222 said:

I half-way agree. If it's just "post a comment" you can say hi to someone and get a trophy. It should be like "Post 50 comments" (and if you spam then admin would delete the comments) that way it forces you to be more involved with the community and it isn't unbearable and tedious to get and it still requires some sort of patience and time. But if it's just one comment then people will say hi like I said and not use it after they get their trophy. Not much interaction and too easy to aquire which isn't the point of trophies.

Yes that's what I envisage. All the early maps that appear online are going to have pages and pages of worthless comments as everyone starts their trophy hunting.

But what's more annoying is that a trophy is supposed to show off your proficiency with a game, not act as an incentive to do something unrelated to your skill at that game. So while 50 comments would mean that some people wouldn't get the trophy and therefore it would have some kind of meaningful value (which the single comment trophy lacks completely), it's still not in the spirit of the trophy system.

Around the Network
Redcoat222 said:
LOL MATURE said:
Redcoat222 said:

Yes that's what I envisage. All the early maps that appear online are going to have pages and pages of worthless comments as everyone starts their trophy hunting.

But what's more annoying is that a trophy is supposed to show off your proficiency with a game, not act as an incentive to do something unrelated to your skill at that game. So while 50 comments would mean that some people wouldn't get the trophy and therefore it would have some kind of meaningful value (which the single comment trophy lacks completely), it's still not in the spirit of the trophy system.

Yeah most trophies are to show skill off in a game.... but a game heavily influanced by users and the community? The trophy is fine. It encourages more people to take advantages of what the game is accomplishing.

I dont think you get the point of LBP's trophies.

They are intentionally made as such to encourage people to primarily take interest in the create & share part of the game. To me its a definitely great list.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

The trophy system motivates people to complete the games and/or explore the games at a deeper level. There is nothing wrong to have some easy bronze trophies for casual gamers. In my opinion, the 100% accomplishment for the games and the platinum trophy are more than enough to show off your proficiency with a game. When I check my PSN friends' trophy list, I am impressed by their platinum trophies, not by how many bronze trophies they have. Having said that, I still enjoy collecting bronze trophies very much.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

rukusa said:
I dont think you get the point of LBP's trophies.

They are intentionally made as such to encourage people to primarily take interest in the create & share part of the game. To me its a definitely great list.

That's exactly what I said. The difference is that I don't think it's a good use of trophies. Some of them will lack a sense of accomplishment, and that after all is what makes trophies fun.

@Wenlan

Yes I mostly do that as well, although I also like to look and see if people have certain notoriously difficult trophies. It's not that I'm against them roping people in to creating and sharing levels, it's just that as a trophy addict I find some of the objectives to be rather disappointing. I expected to find more sympathy with this view lol, but evidently not. Anyway, it shouldn't affect my purchase.