By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - In your opinion, which franchise had the best jump from 2D to 3D?

Zelda, Mario, or Metroid

Around the Network

Final Fantasy of course

Metroid.

|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™

Sonic.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

leo-j said:
Also METAL GEAR SOLID had to me the best jump from 2d to 3d.

QFT, I also think Metroid did a hell of a job.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network

I very much prefer 2D zelda to 3D zelda. LTTP was my favourite of the series.
I'd have to go with Mario.

Mario.

Then Metroid.

Then Zelda.

Definitely Metroid for me.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Kasz216 said:
leo-j said:
Mario and zelda had an amazing jump.

Also METAL GEAR SOLID had to me the best jump from 2d to 3d.

I think you mean Metal Gear.

As there wasn't a 2D Metal Gear Solid game.

What he meant was MGS was the game that initaiated the 3D jump. For once I agree with Leo-J on this.

Mario set the standard for how 3-D platformers are made. Mario Galaxy rewrote that standard. Mario made the best transition hands down. Zelda is a close second. Metal Gear is right up there too. The old NES game(s) are almost embarassing compared to the gameplay leap found in the original Metal Gear Solid.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.