By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Thinking of buying a PSP ,,,Have a few questions.

SpartanFX said:
Arcturus said:
SpartanFX said:
Arcturus said:

thanks man for the reply,,,I have aquestion for games(any one can share their opinion):

which one is better?

burnout dominator or burn out legends?

how is crush?

syphone filter or killzone liberation?

daxter or ratchet?

No problem. Sorry, haven't played those titles.

Around the Network

how is dead head?has nayone tried that one?

Don't buy it Spartan.

I bought mine at launch (and again when the Slim launched) and all it does for me is allow me to surf the internet while playing the game, and play Monster Hunter Freedom.

DMeisterJ said:
Don't buy it Spartan.

I bought mine at launch (and again when the Slim launched) and all it does for me is allow me to surf the internet while playing the game, and play Monster Hunter Freedom.

I don't understand ,,,

you mean I shouldn't  buy PSP?but I am mostly intrested in the multimedia capabilities not game,,,I might get like 5-10 games and the rest mostly for watching movies to go .and some PS3 remote play.

1: Tekken dark resurrection
2: medal of honor herous 2
3: grand theft auto vice city stories
4: manhunt 2
5: ace combat x skies of deception

(NOTE: i never played god of war on psp)

Around the Network
SpartanFX said:
how is dead head?has nayone tried that one?

Lol , you should ask Startegyking :P But yeah , Dead Head Fred is a good choice , the reviews where extremly solid :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

The battery last from 4-6 hours depending on what you are doing (playing games, music, wifi, etc.). I bought a new battery at Gamestop (about $40), and it gave me more than double the battery life. It also comes with a battery cover for the slim since the battery is big, and the slim cover can't close.

I recommend buying the bundle since it comes with a 1GB memory stick. It also comes with a game and other stuff, depending on the bundle.

As for the games:
1. Daxter
2. Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
3. Tekken Dark
4. Syphon Filter (any game)

SpartanFX said:
DMeisterJ said:
Don't buy it Spartan.

I don't understand ,,,

you mean I shouldn't  buy PSP?but I am mostly intrested in the multimedia capabilities not game,,,I might get like 5-10 games and the rest mostly for watching movies to go .and some PS3 remote play.

There's definitely better multi-media machines out there.  Might I suggest an iPod?  I mean the games are okay, but you won't get nine hours of playtime off of it.

DMeisterJ said:
SpartanFX said:
DMeisterJ said:
Don't buy it Spartan.

I don't understand ,,,

you mean I shouldn't buy PSP?but I am mostly intrested in the multimedia capabilities not game,,,I might get like 5-10 games and the rest mostly for watching movies to go .and some PS3 remote play.

There's definitely better multi-media machines out there. Might I suggest an iPod? I mean the games are okay, but you won't get nine hours of playtime off of it.

You can allways : a). Buy a better battery b). be like me and get totally hooked on it :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

DMeisterJ said:
SpartanFX said:
DMeisterJ said:
Don't buy it Spartan.

I don't understand ,,,

There's definitely better multi-media machines out there.  Might I suggest an iPod?  I mean the games are okay, but you won't get nine hours of playtime off of it.

I agree with DMeisterJ. If you're much more interested in watching movies and listening to music than playing games, you're better off with an iPod. The battery life is much better. If you do get a swappable battery for a PSP that problem is averted however. My four games to offer you are:

1. Burnout Legends=A must if you enjoy arcade racers. It's based mostly off Burnout 3 Takedown.

2. Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops=Great MGS 2 like action, but a very lacking story compared to the console versions. The mission areas are usually very small and the design quality really fluctuates throughout the game. The team building elements are fun and fairly simple to get into.

3. Daxter=Fun platformer, good voice acting, awesome dream sequence minigames. Gameplay wise it reminds me of Conker's Bad Fur Day.

4. SEGA Genesis Collection=A must if you decide to not mod your PSP. With all the greatness on this game you probably will spend most of your time with it. Comix Zone, Vector Man, Sonic 3, Flicky, Gain Ground and Golden Axe still rule.

I really don't like recommending games blindly so if you have genres you really enjoy I can probably pick better selections. Mega Man Powered Up, Guilty Gear Judgment, Darkstalkers, Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max, Capcom Puzzle World, God of War: Chains of Olympus, and Silent Hill: Origins are also really great games.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.