By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Thinking of buying a PSP ,,,Have a few questions.

bestbuy is the best place i have found for umd movies if u want them new, if u dont care then gamestop has a decent collection for u too check out. on the games i think: 1.untold legends 2.metal of honor: heros 3.darkstalkers 4.silent hill:origins 5.monster hunter2 ( i love rpg's otherwise this list would be different for u)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

I've been pleasantly surprised at the multimedia capacities of the newer PSPSlim. Nice screen, affordable price, and the firmware keeps getting better, so you're buying a machine which will get better over time.

Also, there's no limit on how much media you can store on your PSP - just plug in a new Pro Duo (there are now 8 GB and 16 GB stix, and prices will continue to drop). This summer I moved my entire CD library onto my PSP -- plenty of freeware converter programs can do this (e.g. VLC). Ah, the joy of alternating swathes of Berg's "Lulu" with Dr. Octagon...

Memory stick is good to save games and also for Homebrew if you decide to go that route. Also there are a lot of old PS1 games on the PS store that are good. Castlevania Symphony of the Night and Crash bandicoot. THere are also a couple of quality PSP games out there like Space Invaders Extreme, God of War (its a tad bit short) Lumines, Daxter.

My Top 5 Games of All Time

1. FF7 4. SSX Tricky

2. FE7 5. RE4

3. MGS4

VALENCIA CF

SACRAMENTO KINGS

ill get a PSP if they anounce Gran Turismo Portable at E3

Hey! I got something to tell you! I'm selling a slightly used silver ice slim PSP which is one of the newer versions of the PSP. The PSP is in like new condition. I'm selling it with 5 games, 1 movie, a 1gb memory card, the charger, a nice case, and a cheat code book all for $200!!! Originally the PSP alone is $200! So if you are interested go on eBay register if you are not registered and search eBay for "Used Silver Ice PSP with Extras *NEAR MINT CONDITION*" and I'm sure you'll find it. Just click on it and bid $200! Then when the auction is over I send the PSP and everything to you while you send the money to me! If you have questions just email me at hornemannico@yahoo.com. Don't miss out on this offer!

Thanks,

Nicoooo

Around the Network

There is pretty much only the slim now, all of the models are the same except for the different colors (black, red, and ice).

The battery lasts about 4-6 hours (turn down your brightness and your sound off and it will last a lot longer, shouldn't be an issue with brightness problems on a plane).

The bundle comes with a 1 gig memory card.

Some great non-RPG PSP games:

Patapon
LocoRoco
Crisis Core (RPG elements, but its an action game, very fast-paced)
Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles (includes Symphony of the Night as well as remake of Rondo of Blood. Also has original Rondo of Blood).

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

This thread's a bit old, but i'll add my 2 cents anyway. If you buy a PSP slim ($170), a bigger replacement battery ($40), and an 8gb memory stick ($65), you'll have an 8gb video player with 10+ hours of battery life (why you would need more, IDK) that also plays a ton of great games for $275. I challenge you to name a device that comes close to that level of functionality for close to the same price.

Personal Favorite Games:

1.) Patapon
2.) Loco Roco
3.) Syphon Filter
4.) Wipe Out
5.) Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
6.) Beats ($5 music game that uses the songs on your memory stick)

Edit: I just checked out the specs for the Ipod Touch and for $299 you get 8gb memory but only 5 hours of battery life when playing movies. The only advantage is the size and better music battery life (22hours). The PSP is a steal if you're a gamer and usually travel with a back pack and can just keep your system in the bag instead of in your pocket.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

SpartanFX said:
Arcturus said:
SpartanFX said:
Arcturus said:

are the batteries rechargable?is there a company with better batteries(longer lasting)?

do you know what else can be done between PSP and PS3?did FW 2.4 add something,,,or is there anything coming in near future?

Yes the batteries are rechargable, either by plugging in the power cord to the PSP or by using a USB cable.

I'm not sure what else can be done between the PSP and PS3. I think the wiki link pretty much covers everything. I don't think any additional features were added in 2.40. Not sure what's coming down the line in the future.

thanks man for the reply,,,I have aquestion for games(any one can share their opinion):

which one is better?

burnout dominator or burn out legends?

how is crush?

syphone filter or killzone liberation?

daxter or ratchet?

Crush is the best puzle game I have ever played and the best game I have ever played for any handheld. Any avid puzzle game fan who does not own Crush should be ashamed.

Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror and Logan's Shadow are much better than Killzone: Liberation

I found Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters to be a big letdown, I'd go with Daxter.

I haven't played Daxter, but Ratchet is solid, nothing brilliant. From reviews and word of mouth, go with Daxter. Or just get both; they're so cheap (<$20).

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.