By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Thinking of buying a PSP ,,,Have a few questions.

Since I ll be traveling this summer alot(like 9 hour flights) I m thinking of buying a handheld,,,since PSP has a lot of interactivity with PS3 ,I m thinking of buying PSP.here are my few question.

1.How many models are there?

2.what do you do if you wanna watch a movie on it since UMD movies are not available?

3.what are things I could do now/near future fith PS3 through PSP?

4.How long is the battery life?what are good alternatives to increase it?

5.what do you do for the memory?does it come with like 1 GB flash memory?

6.name top 4 games on PSP?(no RPG please,just fun)

thanks guys

Around the Network
SpartanFX said:

Since I ll be traveling this summer alot(like 9 hour flights) I m thinking of buying a handheld,,,since PSP has a lot of interactivity with PS3 ,I m thinking of buying PSP.here are my few question.

2.what do you do if you wanna watch a movie on it since UMD movies are not available?

thanks guys

1. there's a few model, but PSP bundle is the best right now.

2. put movies on memory stick

3. Remote play, PSP demo/games on PSN network..

4. battery life lasts long enough, I get around 5 hours on my trip to school easily, no wifi play, btw

5. you use the memory to save games, and to put music/movie on it

6. God of War, MGS, Burnout, R&C (all I could think right now, I happen to like RPG)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

1. One model, lots of colours, lots of bundles.
2. You can put movies and videos on the memory card. They is software to convert the movies and videos to a readable format on the PSP.
3. Here are some things you can currently do with PSP/PS3 connectivity. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_Play
4. Battery life is about 4 hours (i think). It depends on what you are doing with your PSP. Reading UMDs consumes more power. You can purchase additional batteries to swap in when the first battery runs low.
5. It typically comes with a 1GB card in the bundles.
6. Top 4 games? Here are a few: Metal Gear Solid:Portable Ops, God of War:COO, Patapon, Silent Hill: Origins.

kingofwale said:
SpartanFX said:

thanks guys

1. there's a few model, but PSP bundle is the best right now.

2. put movies on memory stick

3. Remote play, PSP demo/games on PSN network..

4. battery life lasts long enough, I get around 5 hours on my trip to school easily, no wifi play, btw

5. you use the memory to save games, and to put music/movie on it

6. God of War, MGS, Burnout, R&C (all I could think right now, I happen to like RPG)

thanks man for the reply,,,so does it come with flash memory to save or do i ahve purchase that seprate?

one more thing ,,,how do i put movies on a memory stick?let say I have dvd ,,,how do I put it on a memory stick and how big the memory stick needs to be space wise?

Arcturus said:

1. One model, lots of colours, lots of bundles.
2. You can put movies and videos on the memory card. They is software to convert the movies and videos to a readable format on the PSP.
3. Here are some things you can currently do with PSP/PS3 connectivity. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_Play
4. Battery life is about 4 hours (i think). It depends on what you are doing with your PSP. Reading UMDs consumes more power. You can purchase additional batteries to swap in when the first battery runs low.
5. It typically comes with a 1GB card in the bundles.
6. Top 4 games? Here are a few: Metal Gear Solid:Portable Ops, God of War:COO, Patapon, Silent Hill: Origins.

are the batteries rechargable?is there a company with better batteries(longer lasting)?

do you know what else can be done between PSP and PS3?did FW 2.4 add something,,,or is there anything coming in near future?

Around the Network
SpartanFX said:
Arcturus said:

are the batteries rechargable?is there a company with better batteries(longer lasting)?

do you know what else can be done between PSP and PS3?did FW 2.4 add something,,,or is there anything coming in near future?

Yes the batteries are rechargable, either by plugging in the power cord to the PSP or by using a USB cable.

I'm not sure what else can be done between the PSP and PS3. I think the wiki link pretty much covers everything. I don't think any additional features were added in 2.40. Not sure what's coming down the line in the future.

I think they answered your questions as for games you should get Metal Gear Solid: Portbable Ops, Secret Agent Clank, God Of War, and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories.

Arcturus said:
SpartanFX said:
Arcturus said:

Yes the batteries are rechargable, either by plugging in the power cord to the PSP or by using a USB cable.

I'm not sure what else can be done between the PSP and PS3. I think the wiki link pretty much covers everything. I don't think any additional features were added in 2.40. Not sure what's coming down the line in the future.

thanks man for the reply,,,I have aquestion for games(any one can share their opinion):

which one is better?

burnout dominator or burn out legends?

how is crush?

syphone filter or killzone liberation?

daxter or ratchet?

For mivoes I use DVD Decrypter and PSP Video9 to first rip DVD then convert to format that PSP will play.

Make sure you get new lighter model (just in case any older ones are still kicking around).

Myself I have a 4 GB card for storing movies and another for games, music and images.

Fun games are Daxter (still one of best PS games I think), Ratchet and Clank, God of War and Locoroco although there are many others from most genres.

As for PS3 / PSP you have remote play, ability to stream content from PS3 to PSP over internet plus ability to copy (suitable) games and content back and forth.

You can also surf internet with PSP, search google and use internet radio.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Burnout Dominator looks better , Burnout Legend has much more to offer . I would go with Legends . Crush is probably one of the most overlooked AAA game of this generation if you ask me . If you have a PSP its a must ;)

Syphon Filter is way to different from KZ for me to be able to tell which one . Killzone is more of a top-down view tactical shooter , while SF is a 3rd person shooter/stealth game . Whichever you choose , you cant go wrong , bealive me ;)

As for Daxter or Ratchet .... I liked Daxter more . The contorl scheme is simple , and the camera angle is much better suited for the slower Daxter . R&C is often faster than how the camera can go . Also , I like the artstile much more . But the truth is that R&C has more to offer , especially with online multiplayer , so again is your choce . The singleplayer is for both in the 6 hours region btw .

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!