By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - High Definition trailer of KZ2 from Gamerday is on PS store today.

Definitely wasn't out of the realm of the possible. Of course that was almost three years ago.

I'm really hoping the final build isn't a colossal let down like Haze, although that title really didn't interest me despite the buzz, well before anyone reviewed it. There has been enough positive things said about the beta for KZ2 leading me to believe this will not be the case fortunately.

Looks fantastic, but until I see a running build or demo, I don't think it's going to look that smooth; there's no edge stepping visible at all which would be expected for a 720p native render source. Everything in the video is using in-game resources, but it just looks like the video is a capture of a higher res playback. Either that, or the game is using heavy AA yet to be seen on a PS3 title.

Around the Network

@makingmusic
that picture is probably the best looking shot from kz2 i have ever seen amazing!

greenmedic88 said:

Looks fantastic, but until I see a running build or demo, I don't think it's going to look that smooth; there's no edge stepping visible at all which would be expected for a 720p native render source. Everything in the video is using in-game resources, but it just looks like the video is a capture of a higher res playback. Either that, or the game is using heavy AA yet to be seen on a PS3 title.

What kind of AA would you need for edge stepping to not be visible during normal gameplay.  Some games use 4xAA, which seems to be the max on consoles.  Or would there be other effects that would reduce visible edge stepping.

greenmedic88 said:

various people of the press were allowed to play it. So in other words that is how it looks.

Check out my game about moles ^

greenmedic88 said:
Definitely wasn't out of the realm of the possible. Of course that was almost three years ago.

I'm really hoping the final build isn't a colossal let down like Haze, although that title really didn't interest me despite the buzz, well before anyone reviewed it. There has been enough positive things said about the beta for KZ2 leading me to believe this will not be the case fortunately.

The game is using 4x quincunx AA.

Around the Network
Griffin said:
greenmedic88 said:

What kind of AA would you need for edge stepping to not be visible during normal gameplay.  Some games use 4xAA, which seems to be the max on consoles.  Or would there be other effects that would reduce visible edge stepping.

A 1920x1080 native render running at just 2xAA generally on a native 1920x1080p widescreen display looks smooth enough to reduce edge stepping to the point where it's barely noticeable at regular viewing distances.

4xAA for a 1280x720 native render at 30fps or greater is good for all intents and purposes. It would be nice if this were the standard for all future PS3 games since most HD displays in circulation are 720p anyway.

Journalists playing a beta build doesn't mean any video posted on PSN reflects how the final build will look, or even how the beta build looks, just as releasing a 1080p video of a game yet to be released does not mean the game will be rendered at 1920x1080.

But if KZ2 looks that smooth (arguably the best seen yet on the PS3 for a game of this complexity) and plays as smooth as CoD4, that's good enough for me seeing as how it won't run period on even a $4000 PC build or any other platform.

obieslut said:
i cant get it, i live in the uk, stupid ps store region thing

i live in Ireland and can get it. Its easy to set up a US account, need help? Theres Vids on Youtube

blazinhead89 said:
obieslut said:
i cant get it, i live in the uk, stupid ps store region thing

i live in Ireland and can get it. Its easy to set up a US account, need help? Theres Vids on Youtube

Ya, it's very easy to get around that.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.